Thursday, August 19, 2010

Summer Trip to Alabama 2010

Our trip to Alabama this summer was FANTABULOUS! ( New word meaning a mix between fantastic and fabulous!) Mason, Haven and I left on Saturday the 24th from Farmington, NM, because we had a baseball game the night before and that put us an hour and a half in to our trip. I failed to mention that we have a friend here that owns a home in Farmington that is on the market and she let us stay in her home as much as we needed during the whole baseball tournaments. What a blessing that was!!! So we arrived in AL on Sunday afternoon (by car) and was thrilled to see Landon even though he wasn't half as thrilled as we were. I won't bore you with all the details of my trip but I did get to spend my 37th birthday there, shopping in Tuscaloosa and my mom took me out to Red Lobster for lunch......

It was an awesome birthday!! It was hot, hot, hot in Alabama so just about every day there was spent in the pool at Mike's mom and dad's with my niece and nephews, Carter, Caleb, Parker, and Sydney. The kids have so much fun together. Honestly, our camera is acting up so I did not take very many pictures at all the 2 weeks we were there so I won't have many to post. We are hoping a new camera is in our near future!!!
On Wednesday, we went to see my brother Kerry and his family in Fayette, AL, where once again, we spent fun times in the pool with our cousins. We brought Lucee with us because they have 2 of her siblings so it was cute to have sooo many daushunds around! This picture is Haven with Lucee and her brother Bandit.
On Thursday afternoon, we went up to see my brother Mike and his family in Caladonia, MS,and got to try out his new in-ground pool where Haven learned to do this......

I took the boys up to Holly Pond on Friday and they stayed until Monday, visiting and spending the night with some of their friends there. They loved every minute of it and thanks again to you out there who welcomed them in to your home. On Sunday, I attended church with my mother at FBC Gordo at the 8:30 service, then went up to my Daddy's church to the 11:00 service and attended church with him for the first time ever. I got to see my friend Appi and her husband Mike's new home in Coker, Al, on Sunday night and a big CONGRATULATIONS to them on now owning a great home with great property!
I went back to Holly Pond on Monday and got to spend some time with friends Dawn, Tracy, and Meredith, picked the boys up (plus Chandler, Mason's best friend who came back to Gordo with us), and then picked Mike up at the airport that night. He had a wedding to perform on the 31st so that's why he couldn't join us on our trip out. On Wednesday, Mike golfed with Johnye Horton and Ed Bullard while I took Landon to his zoo day. While Landon was at the zoo, Mason, Chandler, Haven and I did a little shopping and ran into my nephew Colton in the Galleria! What a surprise! We then all went back to Holly Pond where we got to see many of our Grace family after church on Wednesday night. It was great to see everyone and meet the new pastor there! We spent the night with our friends Tammy and Jeff Silvey, listened to the same old stories (Ha-ha...only Tammy and I understand the hidden meaning in that statement!!), and on Thursday, had lunch with friends Bonnie and Shane Bowman (Thanks for the awesome pizza Bon!). We headed back to Gordo on Thursday and on Friday, Mike and his nephew Brent went to Georgia to play golf with his cousin Jake and Uncle Herman. While he was in GA, I got to see Cathy Bell during lunch and then spent the afternoon with my Aunt Debbie and cousin Ashley and her kids in their pool (I'm telling you....LOTS of WONDERFUL POOL TIME!!!)
On Saturday, we hung out with Mike's wonderful family and Sunday, Mike preached at his dad's church, Emmanuel, in Gordo. I got to see friends Angie and John Junkin there and the rest of their church family who makes us feel like we are family, even though we have never attended or served there. Mike preached at Evergreen Baptist in Vance on Sunday night and it was such a nice church. Billy Hubbard from CACB had asked Mike to preach there when he was out here working on our church building so he did but we missed seeing Billy because he was sick with Vertigo and wasn't able to attend. Many of the other CACB member came though so we got to eat with them after church and spend a little time with them.
We headed back to CO on Monday and did a straight 24 hour drive. Having 2 weeks there for me was wonderful, although I still didn't get as much time with most of you as I would have liked. I did spend a lot of time with mom which we both needed in order to make it to the next visit at Christmas. I have the best in-laws a girl could ask for and got to spend a lot of time with them as well. To my Alabama family and friends, I cherish you and although I may not have spent much time with some of you, seeing you briefly blesses my heart and reminds me of how fortunate I am to have you in my life. I don't have very many friends here which makes being there even more special for me. I love you all and would love to show you Colorado so come on out and visit!

2 comments:

tonyjet said...

It was so good to see all of you. It's amazing how that though we are seperated by many miles and haven't seen you for a while, that it only took a minute to regain the warmth of a good friendship.

Chantelle said...

I definitely was encouraged by your visit. I am glad that is was "Fantabulous" for you. Keep up the hard work!!