Sunday, May 9, 2010

Mother's Day, May Birthdays, and Field Days......


Happy Mother's Day to all you wonderful mothers out there! This sure is a tough day for me as my heart's desire is to honor my mother and spend this special day with her but can't. Those of you who could spend this day with your mothers, don't take it for granted and appreciate every precious moment with them. We are both so blessed with wonderful mothers and are sorry that we can't spend the day with you! Thank you Mom and Mama Kaye for making us who we are today...we love you!

I'm spending the day relaxing between church and a graduation party tonight. We celebrated Mother's Day a little early with a steak supper last night will get some plants at the end of the month as my gift. Here, you can't plant anything this early unless you can bring it in every night because it still can get down to 15 degrees or so in the middle of the night. The wind is what is driving me crazy right now....so sick of it. You can't enjoy pretty, sunny days because the wind blows so hard. I crave some of those 90 degree days you are having in Alabama!!!


Yes, I have almost forgotten the May birthdays and this is the reason I have stopped posting pictures because I keep forgetting birthdays! Sorry!

So Here's HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO..........

Mark Owen(Mike's brother)- May 3rd
Chloe Richardson(niece who turns 5)- May 18th
Brenlee Richardson(niece who turns 13) - May 19th
Sydney Owen(niece who turns 7)- May 22nd

The busy season has begun as I've started "spring cleaning" cabins, baseball is in full swing, and end of year school activities. They have 4 more days of school left and then Friday is officially summer break for the boys. Landon had field day on Friday and while he gave it his all, he didn't receive any ribbons this year and was terribly disappointed. We tried to emphasize that he gave it such a great effort and that everyone has their strong points in different areas. Here are some pics from the day......
Shotput....look at that face!!!
This is Landon's best buddy Max.....
Now Landon does the discus throw....
Haven attended Field Day also but as you can see, wasn't very happy about it until her friends Jack and Annie showed up

Landon in the 50 meter dash.....

Gearing up for the Hurdles.....
Below is his class, killing time between events
Mason's team has won their last 2 games so now they are 2-1. He got "the save" the other night as he was put in to pitch with the last batter (bases were loaded) and he struck him out so that was exciting. Mike missed Thursday night's game so I taped each hit for him so I thought I would share one with you........

Next post coming up: PROGRESS ON THE BUILDING!! Stay tuned!

No comments: