Sunday, November 7, 2010

Ask, Seek, Knock

There have been many aspects of living in Colorado that have made it a tough transition, but I'll have to say that the hardest part is when a family member is sick. The distance is just so far, and trying to determine whether to try to be there or not is heart wrenching! I felt this way when my Aunt Gail was dying back in January, when my mom was in hospital recently, and this weekend when my Dad was facing an amputation. Last minute tickets from here to there are $700 per person or more. I struggled with wanting to be there for my daddy for this surgery. He was told that they would try to get the infection under control and talk Monday about the surgery. Therefore, we didn't know when the surgery would be. I had planned Haven's birthday party for today, Sunday the 7th so I knew I could not go on Sunday because the only flights out of Durango on Sundays are early morning flights. So then, if I flew in on Monday, what if they did the surgery on Monday and I totally missed it anyway. My fear was that he might not make it through this, that the infection would take over and I'd be 24 hours away. So I had to just turn it over to God, and ask Him to make it very clear to me what I should do.......

When I got out of church this morning, there was a message on my phone from my Daddy's wife, saying that he came through the surgery fine. What???!!!! They had already performed the surgery? Indeed they had because Daddy had been in so much pain last night. What a relief to know he had come through it fine. Then I realized that God clearly answered my prayer. The surgery had already happened and Daddy did well. Praise God!

Matthew 7:7-8 "Ask and it will be given to you, seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you. For everyone who asks receives; he who seeks finds; and to him who knocks, the door will be opened."

He plainly tells us to ask, seek, and knock and His will will be revealed. Daddy has a long road to recovery and will go through the process of grieving the loss of his leg. He does not have diabetes but a poor circulation problem that caused this so please continue to remember him in your prayers. Love to you all!
Lori

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Lori - we are joining you in prayer as your Dad adjusts and heals. It is HARD being away from family members when they are sick but Praise God He is the Great Physician and can heal. So sorry that you couldn't be there - if you need to go at any time, let me know and I will be happy to help out with kids or whatever! Love ya!