Monday, November 8, 2010

Haven's "Cowboy Swim" Party

Haven's request for a party this year was a Cowboy Swim Party. This meant she wanted cowboy plates and cake at the Durango Rec Center. I prayed for nice weather and her birthday being in November, you never know what the weather will be like. But God answered my prayers the way I needed Him to and it was a nice day, except for a little wind. So we started the party out on the playground next to the Rec Center.

Mrs. Joy Brooks from our church made Haven's cake again this year and didn't she do a great job!! It was so cute!!

The kids had a blast at the playground......below is Haven with friends Brady and Maddie Mae
More friends...Gwennie and Tommie Jane...


Haven had 9 friends at the party....aren't they all sooooo cute!

Present time!!!


After cake and presents, we all went inside the Durango Rec Center for a little swim....
Below is Annie, Alaina, Haven and Maddie in the fun kiddie pool
Jack, Gabbie, and Annie
The boys had a blast as well because many of the siblings of Haven's friends came along. Here they are playing some water basketball...

They have a rope swing that looks like so much fun....



I'll be the first to admit that I am not good at hosting a birthday party. It was a little hectic but Haven thought it was the greatest ever. It was such a blessing that everyone invited was able to come. When your family is not around to come to a birthday party, I tend to worry that no one will come and I worry about inconveniencing people. But despite my worries (which helped nothing!), people came out and it made us feel loved and I thank them for that. Haven's friends are so special to her and she really cherishes time with each one of them. I felt so blessed that we had that many to invite. So my little pumpkin is 5 now and I've got one birthday party down and 2 to go in the next 2 months! Thanks to all who came out to share Haven's special day with us!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a fun party! It is a blessing for her to have friends. We have Kestra's party coming up in a week and then I have a break until May but the other three are May, June and July!