Thursday, August 25, 2011

Haven Starts Kindergarten!! (8/25/11)

Today was a BIG, BIG day in the life of Haven!! She has been so excited all week and the day is finally here! Here she is showing you her picks for a back pack and lunch box this year......
For some reason, I just could not get a good picture of her this morning, so I have a lot of pictures to show you of her so you can see why! First of all, she walked out and it was in the 40's and she was freezing, so that made her mad.....
Then after me coercing her to give me a good smile so we could be done, she does but for whatever reason, the top of the picture is foggy.....
So then we move out of the sun to get the glare off the camera and this is what I end up with...

OK so please go get my other camera!!! So we got the other camera but was now out of time for pics at the house so I'll just get more at school.
So we have 3 different kids at 3 different schools now so we are heading to drop off Mason and it occurs to me "I didn't get a picture of all 3 of you together"!!!! So here it is....
A quick, in the car shot (terrible!)...Haven is finally happy at this point!
So now we arrive at her school and I have to have a mommy shot
OK this one is pretty good as she's walking to the school, all decked out in Hello Kitty....
In front of her school, before being dropped at the playground.....
Then we run into Maddie, who lives up at the lake (who we forgot was going to kindergarten too) and come to find out, they are in the same class together...YAY! (they're not really good friends....some kids are a little harder to like than others ;o)
So her and Maddie walk through the drop off gates together...I had to stop her to tell me goodbye and get a hug and kiss.....


And she's gone! Life has officially changed for this little stay-at-home, do what-I-want to do, stay-up-late, sleep-in, eat-when-I-want-to-eat, little preschooler!!
Haven is an official school girl!
(And I didn't even cry!!) ....today that is

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So precious!!! I love the pictures because they TOTALLY capture the morning for you all! Can't wait to hear how it all went.