Thursday, September 22, 2011

What's Going ON?

A little bit of everything.....
Mason- today is their last regular season game against Pagosa in Pagosa (45 min from Bayfield). I had to work (although my boss would have let me off but I would loose the money) and Landon had student council meeting, Drums, and football practice so I thought it would easier if I just stayed. I texted Mason before the game to apologize again for missing his game and told him to make a touch down and sack a QB for me. Mike has texted to say that Mason recovered a fumble and ran 50 yards for a touchdown and has scored another TD!!! He hasn't been getting to play on offense as much this year so this was he first TD of the season!! And I missed it....pooh! SO it was 34-0 at the half. They are now 4-1 to end the regular season and will go to playoff's in two weeks. Also, we pulled him from the gifted program this semester because......gifted program=more homework!! What an honor to be considered gifted but we didn't really realize what all it entailed....more challenging work and more homework! Not what we need for this active sports-aholic!
Landon- His first Student Council meeting was today and he wore a Spongebob Tie so he could look "professional"- LOL! He also has Drums on Thursday which is a group of 5th-7th graders that the music teacher has that will perform in Denver in the spring. He has science club on Tuesdays and football Tuesday, Thursdays, and Fridays. He is keeping us on the go and we love that he is so involved!
Here's some pics for the grandparents...look for #29
He's assisting with that tackle on the bottom left (above)
Playing at center, bent down behind the ball in middle of picture (below)
Haven- the girl loves school! She loves riding the bus and her teacher praises her good and helpful behavior in the classroom. I love seeing that she is learning and while she never has homework, she will sit for an hour or so and practice her letters and numbers. It's pretty adorable! She has made many friends and we found out this week that her best friend Maddie who moved to Denver back in April, is moving back. She has been released from the doctor's care with her leg and her latest x-ray shows that you can't even tell there was ever a break! PTL! Haven is giving gymnastics another try and so far so good!
Mike- God has used Mike at Vallecito the last 3 years and it is awesome to see the fruit. The people of the church are just so good to us and most importantly, they trust their pastor and just take in everything he teaches. We have rarely had any problems during our time here and it has been wonderful. The church is still pretty full and for this time of year, that's awesome! Mike is just the greatest father, always willing to go back and forth to practices, games, and support whatever they are doing. We really are a team when it comes to raising these precious gifts and I love and appreciate him for that!
Me- Those of you who are close to me know what I have been struggling with but God is teaching me patience and how to be content. I am so blessed and will focus on that and be proactive in fighting against what the devil would love to use to defeat me. I have been blessed this week by my friend Kellie Good from San Diego who treated me to a professional massage! She is one of most encouraging people I have ever been around. Every time I say anything, she points out the way God works and uses things in our lives! Love her! And she is expecting me to fly out for some girl time in February but I am a little nervous about flying to California alone. My computer job is only 15 hours a week, broken up into 5 hours, 3 days per week. So it keeps me busy and I have 2 days off to grocery shop and do whatever. Several mornings a week, I hike with Connie and I am eagerly anticipating volunteering weekly in Haven's room but her teacher doesn't want to start that until the end of October. I have a couple more things in the workings of my mind but I am praying about them to make sure they are from God before I venture out (got you curious, huh?)
Company!!--Mike's cousin and friend Jackie Hayes will be coming out next week to spend some time with us. He leaves on Oct. 3rd and Mike's parents arrive that day to stay a week! We are so excited!!! It has been 1 year and 4 months since we have had any company!! Can't wait!

New Deck!- The church put a new deck on the parsonage and it's really nice! Check it out!





Well, maybe I should stop reporting everything on here so my family and friends will call me more! I miss you all!

No comments: