Monday, January 18, 2010

My New Love!

As soon as I returned to Colorado, the weight loss resolution began! While I had been walking with a group of women before Christmas, one of these ladies, Connie, had told me that she was going to go cross country skiing instead of walking now and invited me to go along......I LOVE IT! It is such a fun workout! You are concentrating more on staying up and gliding than you are on the fact that you are exercising. We go out on the frozen lake with several other people and it really is a lot of fun. With the sun shining, you get so hot and end up stripping down to just a long sleeve shirt. Here are some shots from my first day......(not much of a workout on my first day..just trying to stay up!)

This is my fun friend Connie...she's always doing something fun and adventurous! She's a Georgia girl too!

Mike broke his littlest toe last Saturday night so he has not gotten to really try it yet but I did take the kids out this Saturday to try it. Landon loved it and Haven was really good for her age. Mason was good too but it wasn't adventurous enough for him! We were planning on taking him snowboarding today at a "real" ski place but it's snowing so not sure what we'll do now!
Here's Haven....so cute!


And the one who said "I was born on ski's"....Landon




And the one who needs skate skiies which are a little faster...Mason


My back hurt me all last week (not from the skiing) off and on so I only got to go 3 times. I want to give glory to God for healing my back because yesturday and today it has felt much better...Thank You GOD!

Next I want to try this.....
Parasail skiing! While we were on the lake Saturday, there were 3 men doing this and it looks like so much fun! It's super fast though so I better pass on this one!!

No comments: