Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Bayfield Middle School Basketball

Mason is in 7th grade this year so he gets to play Middle School basketball! They had a week of tryouts knowing that ten 8th graders would make the "A" team, ten 7th graders would make the "B" team and all the rest that try out would make the three "C" teams. Mason made the B team with most of his best friends and we haven't lost a game yet! I love that this area lets everyone play that wants to play so they have 5 middle school basketball teams. That changes when they get to high school some and it becomes a little more competitive. Mason has been the high scorer in all 3 games we've played this year so his height, of course, gives him an advantage. He is playing more aggressively this year and is doing awesome at blocking shots and rebounds as well. It sure makes me sad that his grandparents can't see him play so here are some pictures of last night's game just for them......

Above he's shooting a free throw......
And that shot went in! Mason is #32




I LOVE middle school ball!! It is so much more exciting than Rec League ball!! So come on out and watch this kid play!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love it too! We will enter the "High School" realm next year and I am excited to see how that goes - basketball is by far my favorite sport to watch!!! Volleyball is a close 2nd!

tonyjet said...

I like Mason's school uniform! I t looks like Fairview's!

Anonymous said...

Well Lori you have been holding out on me. I didn't know you had this going on. This is an amazing blog - and that is Chance in the photo. I can't wait to keep reading your story.
Jen