Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Updates....(Lori)

Hello everyone! Hope all of you are doing good. We don't have much to report but people have been making comments that there's not as much on the blog any more so we will try harder to entertain you! Ha! Here are some updates.....
1. Weather- It has been great winter weather here...everybody from here doesn't want the "April" weather in February and I take full responsibility for it, as my God knows what I can handle and what I can't! It hasn't really snowed in a month so while there is snow on the ground still, the warmer weather is making it mushy. We haven't quiet figured out how to prepare Mason for baseball with snow on the ground or mud where the snow was. Do we play in the snow? Haven't in about 2 weeks.....Mike got the snowmobile out the other day and had to gun it to keep it from sinking! This picture was made from our front porch....I thought the cloud was unsual looking....

2. Church- It is interesting attending church with people from all different religious backgrounds. This is a baptist church but the only church in the Valley so there are people who were brought up Catholic, Penecostal, Methodist, Church of Christ, Lutheran, etc., and then there's my close friend Kyle who is Unitarian (who even knows what that means!!?) They seem to really be learning a lot from Mike and enjoying the way he teaches in such a way that they understand so easily. We did have a visitor Sunday....if we could just keep all the visitors...they all just seem to float in and out. The chili lunch was good Saturday and we probably had around 40 non church members come to it.
3. Kids- Haven's arm is fully functional again although we know that she is not completely healed. She is very good at reminding us to "be careful with my arm" when we pick her up. If you ask her how her arm is, she'll say "well, actually, it's my clavicle"...so funny! She is queen cleaner in our house but also the queen of messes! I cleaned the house Monday to get ready for our company today...then I had to clean again yesterday....and guess what, today my house doesn't look like I have done any thing to it! What's the use? It gets undone faster than it gets cleaned.....oh well....one day I be wishing the kids were home to mess up my house.....
Landon is same ole Landon with a little Colorado accent. Some of you noticed at Christmas and it is more pronounced now. He makes me sound like a hick! Anyway, while he has friends at school, he still has not found that "Devyn", "Joseph", or "Carter" that he really clicks with and is secure with that friendship. Everytime I get my list for the grocery store, he has gotten it and wrote "a dog" on it. One day he said, "Mom, dogs are man's best friend and I NEED a best friend." That did it for me! I contacted my cousin via Facebook to see if my uncle still had his dauschund puppies and he did so we have reserved one! As much as I hate dogs, I am trying to love this dog even before we get it, to be ready for the added hassle a dog brings, and am praying that this is just what Landon needs to be happy. He has named her Lucy and my cousin Rita sent us a picture of her. She is adorable and the kids were bouncing off the roof when they saw her picture. Haven wanted to name her Abbi but when she saw her picture, she immediately started talking about "Lucy" instead of "Abbi". So here she is....just 4 1/2 more weeks until we get her when we are home for Spring Break......so cute!

Mason has two more basketball games and then a tournament. His team is so awesome also! They are undefeated and are very agressive. Although he was sick to his stomach at his game Saturday, he made 10 points. Ended up with with a virus or "chili overload"one! The skills test for baseball is March 15. We sure are going to miss the Scotts this baseball season! Happy Birthday to Allie Scott, by the way, who is 5 years old today! Haven misses you Allie!





4. My Well Being! I am still doing good, trying to stay as busy as possible but it is terribly boring here. People have suggested different hobbies but I'm just not that crafty and don't enjoy doing anything much right now. I contemplated finding a job, but how can I go back to AL to visit every quarter if I have to work??! So, I am praying about and researching the possiblity of starting a seasonal children's consignment sale here. They are very popular in the south but not so much over this way yet. I absolutley love being involved at Kids Mart in Cullman so I think I would enjoy organizing it and then making traveling money with the proceeds, as well as dressing my kids with good deals! Pray for me in this because I certainly don't want to do something that God may not want me to so I want to know it is from Him. I will miss all that Kids Mart fun next month with my sister-in-law Denise Owen! Dawn and Mere, I will definitely be jealous come March 27th!! I have been growing spiritually and God is showing me many things about myself in His Word.....slowly but surely....I will accept this mission as a blessing!

5. Company- Jessica and Jerry Creel are coming tonight and will be here through Monday! They are friends from Grace in Cullman and we are so excited that they would take their vacation to come for a visit. Their flight was canceled this morning to it set them back about 5 hours unfortunately. Mike has gone to pick them up in Albequerque and they should get here tonight around 7:30 p.m. tonight! We anticipate having a blast as we show them the area and life here in Colorado. I told Mike they couldn't talk any until they got here so I wouldn't miss out on anything (yeah, right....we all know Jessica!!)!

Well, on that note, I need to clean up ...AGAIN...for our company! Love you all!
Lori

1 comment:

Chantelle said...

It is good to here an extensive update!! I am glad for you that your first winter in Colorado hasn't been terribly bad. The puppy is adorable and will definitely take some of your bordem away. If you guys are keeping her indoors, I highly recommend a crate. It is a tremendous help with potty training. Anyways, I am glad to hear that the kids are doing well and I will continue to pray for Landon that special friend.

Things are extremely busy for me now but am loving being in Decatur. Jared is staying very busy studying and doing most of the house work that gets done (not like I would do it, but I am definitely not saying a thing). Please do let us know how it goes with your visitors!!

Chantelle