Friday, April 10, 2009

Good Friday to everyone! (Lori)

I know this is kind of late in the day so many of you will not read this until next week but I had to comment on Good Friday. Maybe it's because I have more time on my hands today or I watched a kid video about the crucifixction/resurrection last night or women's bible study was great today or it is an absolutely gorgeous day so I've been outside more then usual OR ALL OF THIS COMBINED, but I have really been meditating today on what Christ did for us on the day He died and praising HIM for the sacrifice that He made for ME....and YOU....and everyone else! I am so unworthy of the redemption He provided for me on that day. It was a day filled with "sorrow and love", sorrow that our Savior had to suffer for doing nothing wrong, sorrow that He had to pay for MY sins, sorrow that it only took 30 silver coins to crucify the Savior of the World......and love...love that God showed in giving up His only Son, love showed by Jesus who didn't desire it but was WILLING to do it if it was God's will, love to give ME eternal life in heaven.
What are you WILLING to do for Him?

May this Easter weekend be filled with the abundant grace and knowledge that HE did this for YOU! Love you all!
Lori

No comments: