Wednesday, April 8, 2009

We're back...(Part 2) Lori

So to pick up where I left off....
We left Cullman and headed to Tuscaloosa to pick up the much awaited, much anticipated PUPPY at Uncle Bill and Aunt Rose's house. She is so cute!!! Uncle Bill has been holding her for us for 5 weeks and I believe he may have been a little sad to see her go! So this is our Lucy.....
Tuesday was a day of rest for me.....I was so super tired because we had been on the go none stop for 4 days. We spent some time with Mama Kaye and Pop and then Nuna when she got off of work. Wednesday, Denise was off work so we went to Fayette to their nice park for a picnic and to play on their playground. Denise checked Sydney out of school and Hannah, Haidee, and Hallie met us there so the kids got some special time with their cousins! Here are some shots from that day....
.







Thursday, we met my brothers Mike and Kerry and their family in Vernon for supper. The weather was really bad, tornado warnings out and all so thank you for "risking your life" to meet with us!! It was an awesome seafood buffet......they don't have buffets out here so I loved it!!



Crawfish anyone??? ( Is crawfish seafood?? I know it LOOKS like a lobster but...)

On Friday, Mom took the boys to see a movie and I met Appi and Lillie for a little shopping and Chuck E. Cheeses.....


Friday night, the kids got to see Carter and Caleb at Mama Kaye's who prepared a feast as always! Mike's brothers wanted in on pics.....
Somehow I seem to always miss Caleb for pictures....he's just so quiet and hidden in the back room most of the time with my boys! Sorry!!

We left out Saturday morning with tears in our eyes to begin our journey back to a far away land! Mike had a very long week and definitely does not like being alone. We picked up Robyn around 3:00 and met Meghan Bishop Preston in Tyler, TX, for a quick visit with her and her sweet baby Preston. He is so adorable and she is as tiny as ever!! I'm jealous!

We made it to Vernon, TX, to spend the night. I felt like I would NEVER get out of Texas!! But we finally did around 12:00 on Sunday!! We made it home at 7:30 Sunday night to a very happy-to-see-that-we-came-back Daddy!! It was tiring and my legs really need an SUV if I ever do that again..... but a small price to pay to see people that I love!

1 comment:

Bonnie said...

It was such a joy to see you. I miss you so much.

Lucy's adorable.

I love you guys!