Friday, April 17, 2009

The Silvey's are gone!


I'm sad that the much anticipated vacation of the Silvey's is over and gone now! I think they enjoyed the area and beautiful scenery. To pick up from the last blog, we spent the next day in Durango doing a little shopping. We ate at the Carver Brewing Co. (sorry, every restaurant has a bar) and I actually went in some shops that I had never been in. We got a little Starbucks coffee, a little Cold Stone Creamry, and a little Rocky Mt. Chocolate!! Yum!



They left out yesterday morning, heading to Albuquerque for a 3:50 flight. And again, I had to fight sadness all day as I hate living so far from these loyal and fun friends of ours. However, I felt really blessed to have 5 days with them and even though there are miles between our homes, there's no miles between our hearts.....we love you Tammy, Jeff, and Tyler!

Mason is spending the night away tonight with his friend Chance. This is his first sleep over since we have moved here and it is very quiet around this house tonight. We have a busy week next week because his ballgames start, he has Wax Museum...along with guitar lessons and baseball practice. We get out of school on May 13th and they have a 4 day weekend next weekend...yea! Tomorrow we plan to take the kids swimming at the rec center since they haven't got to swim since all of Haven's broken bones! It has snowed the last two nights but the snow is always gone by lunch. Starting Sunday, we should have a week of sunny days so I can't wait! By the way, I am proud to say that both boys got in to the gifted program....I don't want to sound like I am bragging but I am a very proud Mama!!

No comments: