Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Be Encouraged....

We are encouraged that we had many visitors in church Sunday, we had 4 more kids at VBS Tuesday, and tonight had the largest group at Movie Night that they've ever had! Praise the Lord!

"May our Lord Jesus Christ himself and God our Father, who loved us and by his grace gave us eternal encouragement and good hope, encourage your hearts and strengthen you in every good deed and word." 2 Thess. 2:16-17

Please pray for the parents of Olyvia...the little girl I mentioned in a previous entry that had been wanting to come for so long, and finally came and was just so eager to learn more and more about Christ. It seems now that her parents are keeping her from coming ....maybe they are feeling or seeing the Holy Spirit working in their child and are afraid....I don't know...but Amy is their neighbor and she continues to offer to bring Olyvia and they always have an excuse now. They haven't let her come to VBS yet. The last time I saw her, she said to me "I'm sorry I didn't come to church Sunday"....what 6 year old apologizes for not coming to church when she's only been in church 3 Sundays? I'm telling you, God has His hands on this child and He will use her to reach her parents. Please pray for her....thanks! Lori

1 comment:

Jamie said...

That just breaks my heart. Will be praying for her and her family.