Sunday, August 16, 2009

Go Bayfield Wolverines!!

Mason's first game was Saturday and they won 13-6 against Cortez! Supposedly Cortez was suppose to be the toughest team so we'll see.....

Mason did awesome too! He is playing Offensive guard, linebacker, and defensive end. He played every play in the game and loved every minute of it! As you can tell from the pictures to follow, he is one of the biggest on the team. He is in the middle of the next picture and look at him compared to the ones on the left!! And they are all starting 6th grade!


I was really dreading football but it's been fun so far...when he played in 2nd grade, we didn't win a game so it was fun to win yesterday (but sorry for Cortez!)

After the game, we had a picnic at the park in Cortez....we had to drive 1 hour and 30 minutes to get to Cortez. Cortez is located on the other side of Mesa Verde National Park. Check out this merry-go-round....


I love how much my kids love each other and get along!



This was the view from the park....beautiful!
Tomorrow is open house for Landon and then football practice for Mason.......last day of summer for them!

2 comments:

Bonnie said...

Congrats, Mason! I hope this is a great school year for you and Landon! I miss you!
Bonnie

tonyjet said...

I'm glad that Mason is enjoying football and I like the colors of the uniform (Fairview purple)!