Sunday, August 2, 2009

Summer Trip- Part 2

On Thursday of our trip, we headed to Gordo to see our family......it's hard for them that they have to share their time with Cullman friends but they are very understanding (thanks Mom and Mama Kaye!!). Kaye's sister Gail and her son Brandon came up from Cuthbert, GA, to see us and stayed thru Saturday. Thanks Gail and Brandon for coming up! We love you and enjoyed getting to see you! Hope your trip home was not as bad as your trip there!

We thoroughly enjoyed the precious times we spent with our families. I love the bond of cousins and the kids have so much fun together. Here are some shots of the Owen families......

Carter, Sydney, Haven, and Landon...
Kayci, Angela, and Denise.....
Denise and Mark...
Brent and Hannah (getting married Oct. 10th)!!
Carter and Parker.....
On Friday we ate lunch out with my dad. He seems to be doing well but is having hip replacement surgery on August 10th. Please pray for him during his surgery, recovery, and pray for protection against depression (which he had after his last surgery). Saturday night, I got to visit with friends Angie and John Junkin and see their precious daughter Maggie finally!(Clint wasn't home :() I remember Angie when she was around 3 and 4 and Maggie looks so much like her mommy and uncle Eric! So adorable!
On Sunday, I joined mother at FBC at their 10:00 service to meet her new pastor and hear him preach. This is my home church and it was great to see many of the people who helped to mold me into the Jesus follower I am today. Mike preached at Emmanuel Baptist Church (his dad's church) at 11:00 so we scooted over there after FBC's service. They are such a loving little church and it was great to be with them all again. Ms. Peggy, it was great to get a hug from you and see you again!!(she's a faithful blog reader!) Thanks Emmanuel for all your prayers for us...we feel them!
After lunch with the Owen's, we went to Fayette to Kerry and Renee's who hosted a family gathering for my birthday. My brothers from Sylacauga and Caledonia, MS, met us there along with aunts, uncles, and cousins. It was a sweet time for me because I miss being with the extended family which usually only happened at Christmas and now that we've moved, I'll miss that. We feasted on shrimp and all the fixings.....Thanks to all who came out and to Kerry and Renee for hosting! It was a special time and I'm so glad I got to see everyone! Here are some pictures of the day.......
All of Mom's grandchildren...
Robby and Mom
The kids enjoyed the swimming pool..
Landon, Mason, Hallie, and Faith
Me with sister-in-laws and Mom
My brother Mike

Faith, Hallie, and Haven

Mason and Landon with Hannah
My brother Kerry with Uncle Bill
Uncle Steve and Aunt Diane with precious twins Lillie and Reagan



This is my nephew Colton who just turned 16...it's a better picture than his birthday post
Cousin Rita, Kerry, Hannah, Aunt Rose and Renee
My cousins Chastiy, her daughter Caylin, and cousin Ashley


Ashley's daughter Taylor and Reagan
My niece Chloe with Zoe (Lucee's sister)
When you don't get to see your family much, you especially cherish the time with them! There were others there that I didn't get a picture of so I apologize but thank you for coming by for a visit! We love you all and hope you know how blessed you are to have each other!

No comments: