Monday, September 14, 2009

Moving Forward

Hey everyone just asking for your prayers for our church here. We decided yesterday to build an education addition to our church. We don't have any classrooms here and we really need them. Please pray for unity of heart and purpose as we try to build this addition. We will be starting the building in the spring because you can't build anything out here during the winter. We will also be calling on volunteers to come out and help us build this so if you know of any groups who volunteer for short term mission trips to do buildings like this please let me know. We are coming up on one year here in Colorado. It has been a difficult year. Landon still prays for us to move back to Alabama. The church has done well this summer and we are moving in a good direction but I am sure my family would rather be somewhere else. Pray for us. Winter is coming and it can get to be a depressing time out here when the snows come. I don't know how long I can continue to ask my family to be unhappy out here. It's not fun. Pray that God would give us peace about continuing our ministry here and that the kids would be happy. Continue to pray our house closes this month. We love you all and are looking forward to seeing some of you this winter. Thanks for remembering us. It helps to know you haven't forgotten to pray for us.

God bless,
Mike

2 comments:

tonyjet said...

I really enjoy reading Lori's posts each week but it is good to hear from you too! I am glad to hear that your church is moving forward and planning on building classrooms. Would it not be great if people from Grace could be part of that building process? Something for us to work on I think. After all, we still think of all of you as members of Grace, who just happens to be on a missionary trip in Colorado! We will (and haven't stopped) pray for you and the entire family.

Bonnie said...

As long as God keeps you in Colorado, he will be changing lives through you, Lori and the kids there. As much as I miss you, I know those mountain folk need you to show them God's truth.
And when he brings you home to AL, we will have a very big celebration! I love you guys!
Bonnie
P.S. We ARE still praying for you. :)