Saturday, September 26, 2009

This and That

Boy have I got lots of interesting tidbits to share but I have to back up a tad.......two weeks ago, our ladies had a formal tea party just for fun. They drink hot tea here and I got to experience several types of hot English tea (and found that if you add milk to it, it's much better!). Two ladies in the church had a great time putting this together and went all out with serving us English finger foods and specialty teas. I personally don't enjoy formality but it was a fun little party....here are some shots....

On Monday, we received a call from Melba Hollingsworth who is from Gordo (our hometown) saying that she and some of her family were in Durango on vacation! Melba asked us to meet them for supper on Tuesday and thankfully our schedule allowed it so we got to meet with them and eat at Carver's on Main. It was so nice to spend time with them all and to hear some of that "southern" talk!! Below is Melba, her brother-in-law Don, her sister Brenda, and her sister Barbara........

Sunday night we had small group at Don and Ada del Amott's home and it was so pretty....I took some pictures and thought you might like to see it....check out Ada's pretty flower bed...

This is their view where the boys are standing......

If you'll notice in both pictures is "Flat Stanley" who is visiting us from Alabama, sent by my niece Hallie. He's a character out of a book that is visiting to find out more about the state of Colorado and we will be sending him back with pictures of where all he's been while he was here...FUN!

Mason has been a tad sick this week......it all started with a sore throat and then he had a low fever and now it's moved to his chest. It's a viral deal because all of his friends have had the same symptoms. He missed a day of school but is feeling much better. Mike's friend Randy Pate arrived on Thursday from Arkansas. He attempted to come back in June but his flight was cancelled so he rescheduled for now. We're having a great time with Randy and I'll write more about his visit in another post. Also on Thursday, I went with Landon on a field trip and I'll create another post about that also at a later time.

Mason was in the homecoming parade Friday with the Student Council group. Mike and Randy took a trip to Silverton/Ouray/Hillcrest Golf Course all day and my day was just packed full of one activity after another. I had ladies bible study at 10:00 and one of my football moms friends came so that was exciting! Her name is Lana and she has moved here from Farmington and is a devout Christian. They are very active in their church in Farmington still but I am very thankful that she is here and maybe together, we can positively direct our other football mom friends towards Jesus. Anyway, after bible study, I had two cabins to clean and needed to leave Vallecito at 1:00 to make it to a 1:30 parade. I was already running late and this is what I ran into........






Isn't that hilarious!!! These sheep are moved to Ignancio for the winter and then back to Lemon area in Spring. Three "shepherds" herd the sheep the whole day and today they actually scheduled them to come thru town at a certain time for "Heritage Days". I did make it to the parade in time and got to see Mason in the parade.....for some reason he had nerd glasses on..?????

So after the parade, I had to pick Landon up and get him to drum lessons by 3:30 in Durango, then go grocery shopping, and then get home to cook supper for our company. PHEW! Worn out and completed the day with a headache!!

1 comment:

tonyjet said...

Sounds like you guys are really busy. Mike will have to tell just how far he can hit the golf ball now and fill me in on the golf courses. God bless and Roll Tide!