Saturday, March 5, 2011

COMING UP...

I had to change the background on here in anticipation of our upcoming BAHAMAS trip!! Can't wait! We leave in 20 days (March 25th) and I'll have to say that having snow outside our door and pulling out summer attire feels great BUT makes me so aware that I am incredibly white and too pudgy for a swimsuit! Oh well....instead of being a beach babe, I'll just be a Bahama Mama!!

So Coming Up for us in the next couple of weeks.....

1. I start a new job on Monday. I didn't remember posting about the other job I interviewed for at San Juan Basin Health Dept which I "thought" sounded perfect for me, but my sister-in-law said I did and never followed up on it. I did interview but during the interview, felt in my spirit that this job was not for me. I went in excited and came out very apprehensive. I think they picked up on that in the middle of the interview. Anyway, my prayer to God was that if it was not His will, for them not to offer me the job (so I wouldn't have to decide what to do). Well He answered my prayer and they didn't offer me the job and I was actually relieved! Phewww!
Little did I know, He had another job plan for me. I had breakfast last week with Carrie Kujath who is another pastor's wife in the area and after hearing my struggles with winter here, you could see a light bulb go off in her head! She said her boss was looking for someone to hire as a web administrator in an "as needed" position. I knew she worked at home on the computer but wasn't sure what type of job it was. Anyway, she talked to her boss who called and hired me just on her recommendation and I start training on Monday! It's a plus that the boss is a Christian too. This job kind of fell in my lap (I was not looking for a job) so I really feel it came straight from my Heavenly Father. In all my years as a stay-at-home mom, I always wondered how people got computer jobs working at home. So now I have one but I am a little nervous about understanding it all. If you are wondering what it is, the company I will work for arranges interviews between IT companies and interviewees. We then submit the interview report to the company that is hiring the IT company to supply a worker. What a blessing this will be to earn money and be at home at the same time! Thank You GOD!


2. Mason's baseball team is traveling to Phoenix, AZ, this weekend for their first travel ball tournament. Mason and I are going with our friends Jennifer and Chance. It is an 8 hour drive so I'm not looking forward to it but I am praying somehow I can be "salt and light" while there. The kids are out of school Friday so we are leaving out early Friday morning. Mike is staying behind with Haven and Landon. Our team is not prepared to play these teams because we have not had much field time due to snow coverage. But we are suppose to go down there "for fun" and hopefully get to see the Arizona Diamondbacks play a spring training game.


3. I can't remember what I've posted about the Bahamas so I'll recap that we leave on the 25th with a couple from our church, Cathy and Earl Wilkening. They have a time-share at Harborside Resort at Atlantis on Paradise Island in the Bahamas. WHAT A BLESSING! They told us 2 years ago that they wanted to take us. Atlantis is full of fun slides and pools, tons of sea life aquariums, and the kids are planning to swim with dolphins while there. Can't wait!


4. Brazil- Mike and 3 other church members are getting everything ready for the Brazil mission on April 5th. Mike will come back from the Bahamas on the 2nd and leave for Brazil on the 5th. As you read this, please pray for the people there that they will minister too. Pray that the Holy Spirit go before them and prepare their hearts and that many will seek and find salvation while they are there. Pray for Mr. Dan's health and endurance while there (our elderly member that is going). Pray for Nancy that is going....she has been struggling with fears and has flying phobias that Satan is using to quench her excitement. The 3 members going with Mike will come back different (they've never been on a mission trip) and I am excited to see how this trip will change them. Thank you for your prayers!

Just got to show off this cutie who got her shots for Kindergarten on Friday and didn't even cry! "Not one drop" says Haven! She is a tough kid (may have to do with having 2 older brothers!) Ever wonder what happens at our house when the kids get in trouble???..........

Just kidding! We finally invested in a crate for the dogs but Haven likes being in it more than they do! I sure wish we would have purchased one the first day we brought the dogs home. Crates are great!! Chantelle, I remember you promoting them and you were right! If you need to train an indoor dog, buy a crate!


We finally attempted a snowman this year but it was just too late. The snow was not quite right for it and wouldn't stick together well so we settled for a snow volcano!
I'm so over the snow!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

YEAH for a job Lori!! What a huge blessing for you and your family! Very excited for you...we have got to go to lunch again...I am busy this week with subbing and also have two of our youth with us this week but perhaps next week. Anyway - excited you get to go to the Bahamas...I want WARMTH!!!