Thursday, March 17, 2011

The "Desert" Home

Hi! I survived the weekend road trip to Phoenix, AZ! It is an 8 hour trip down and honestly, after driving back and forth to AL, an 8 hour trip feels more like a 3 hour trip to me now. We traveled down with my friend Jennifer and her 2 sons Chance and Bodie (Chance and Mason are best friends). Jennifer has a neighbor/friend who lives down there 10 months and comes to Bayfield to live in June and July to escape the heat. Her name is Nikki and we stayed in her home while there. It was absolutely the most expensive home I have ever stayed in! Gorgeous! So I had to take a few pics to share (of course, they don't do it justice)...

Remeber, Phoenix is desert land so here is their front yard.....
And the 6 bedroom, 8 bathroom house with brick driveway.....
Mason and I stayed in the guest house which was attached to the house on the left side. This was the living room in the guest house....
Our little kitchen
And our bedroom

This shot is from the balcony of the main house, looking down into the living area and kitchen...
To me the coolest part of this house was this glass door that retracted back and opened the indoor living space up to the outdoor living space. And it felt so good while we were there!

The outdoor living area....
They are real live "cowboys" and have horses on their ranch. Both Nikki and her husband compete in rodeos. Look to the left at the artificial grass....it's too hard to maintain real grass in this area so they have fake grass
View from the back of the house....


Below if you look where that light is, underneath it is the blue basketball court. Mason loved it!
Putting green......



What a great home!! I wish I would have taken a pic of the gourmet kitchen with the large screen TV and the media room with a screen that covered the entire wall and 9 huge recliners. It was a blessing to save money on a hotel room and stay in such an exquisite place. Being in Phoenix also helped me to see what a country girl I really am!
More pics of the weekend to come in the next post......

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

WOW!!! Now THAT would be a nice little "get-away" place...I need some new friends, LOL just kidding. How fun though!