Thursday, March 17, 2011

Weekend in Phoenix

So we left for Phoenix at 4 am and arrived there at lunch time. We spent the day out by the pool, soaking up the very warm sun without a glance of snow around. It was super nice! Friday night, we went to see the San Francisco Giants play the San Diego Padres in a spring training game.
The boys all had a blast and even got a few signatures on their baseball (we can't read their writing so we don't know whose they are-Ha!)
Below is Nikki on the left (whom we stayed with) and Jennifer on the right (who traveled with me)
Mason, Me, Bodie, Jennifer, and Chance at the game....
On Saturday, I met Marcee and Nelson Bennett for lunch at the Cheesecake Factory (which I HIGHLY recommend!). They live in Phoenix for winter and Vallecito in summer. Then I did some shopping and joined the others for the boy's baseball game at 5:30. It was a Round Robin tournament. Our boys have only got to practice on the field a couple of times because it's been covered in snow, but we played well considering. We had the first team beat until the 5th inning and they caught up with us due to errors and we ended up losing the game. The fields we were on were neat because they were modeled after major league fields.
This picture doesn't really show it well....
We lost the second game by a team that was better than us. Then we played again (at another location) on Sunday and were winning that game until the 6th inning, when it seemed our boys just gave up because of the heat.
I loved the heat but because of it, I was actually dehydrated on Monday. We got home Sunday night around 1 am. We drove a different way home and the views were amazing.... Thousands and thousands of beautiful cacti, on uninhibited rolling hills and mountain views. God impressed me again with His handiwork. Our country is truly amazing, how different the land is from one end to the other! I wish I had taken pictures but I was driving and we were in a hurry to get home. Glad that trip is behind us!
I am loving my job and Bahamas is now a week away! Thanks for checking in on us!

No comments: