Friday, March 6, 2009

What's Up? (Lori)

What's up? Just the norm around here. The boys were out of school today for teacher in-service and tonight we went to see "Horton Hears a Whoo" at the school (fundraiser for Student Council). I've had a great week....when our company left Monday morning, I set a goal to lose 10lbs before our trip to Alabama. I gained over Christmas holidays and have held onto it and finally got to that "I'm sick of myself" feeling that it takes to finally lose weight. I've done great this week so far, cutting my food intake in half and exercising daily. I haven't been that hungry either so I know God is helping me. And boy do I feel so much better! I'm not as tired feeling during the day and have more energy. It's all mind over matter when it comes to losing weight...
I am definitely going forward with the seasonal consignment sale that I have named "Little Blessings". My first sale will be May 2nd. I know it will be small but hopefully will grow each time. I don't know what I am doing but am trying to learn as I go. I pray that God will use me to introduce people to Him through this!
What's going on with the house? Well, we got an offer that I mentioned several weeks back but they wanted a contengency on it, wanting to buy it after selling their house. Because we don't know how long that would take, we couldn't go with that so the house is still on our hands. Please pray that it sells soon.....while we are "making" it, we are certainly having to do without some very important things due to the financial burden it is placing on us.
Our music leader's daughter's family has moved here now and they have two children that will be attending church with us.....YAY! That's very exciting for us and the kids!
Tomorrow, Mike has a men's breakfast in the morning and then we will go to Mason's last regular season basketball game. Next weekend will be a tournament and they play Saturday and all day Sunday. Sunday is just another day for them. (yes, I told the coach that Mason would not be there until 12:30 on Sunday)!
Just another difference....I was talking to the Playgroup moms the other day about school pageants and they had never heard of schools hosting a beauty pageant! Isn't that funny! They were from Texas, New York, Arizona, and CO.....maybe it's just a southern thing? They thought it was terrible for schools to do that because it gave the girls the sense that it's what's on the outside that matters.....Just thought I would throw that interesting tidbit in....

The snow has really gone down now and around Bayfield, it is almost all gone (not here in Vallecito though). However, it's suppose to snow tomorrow......I know you are all enjoying some great Spring weather and I am happy for you. The kids and I will be there in 3 more weeks!

I just want to say thank you to my Cullman buddies for keeping us in your life. Although we are miles and states apart, you continue to include me into your week and lives, and I can never express how much that means to me. I love you!
Lori

No comments: