Monday, January 5, 2009

Christmas in Alabama Part 2 (Lori)

Dec. 28- Sunday We anxiously traveled back to Cullman to see all of our church family at Grace on Sunday for the morning service. It was so great to see everyone again! It was sort of overwhelming as we tried to talk to everyone but did not have enough time with each of you and for that we are sorry. We were really glad to get to hear Jack preach and were thrilled that the "silent service" was on the 4th and not 28th!!! Here are some shots from Grace.....
This is me with my girlie-girls Dawn and Meredith....and what a cute picture of Allen and Sandi!!
Mike and Tracy (a little too close up..)

My Tammy was sick on Sunday but we joined her and Jeff for lunch anyway. Thanks for the steaks!! They were delicious!! (I didn't get close enough to her to get a picture together that day)
Jessica and me....(this was not taken this trip but I am trying to get a picture in of all my faithful blog followers!!) Sorry that I didn't get pictures with the rest of you!!
After lunch, we had a birthday party for both Mason and Landon at Grace because they don't really know many kids in CO. They had an awesome turn out so thank you so much for all of you who gave up your Sunday afternoon to spend with the boys. I can't tell you how much it meant to us and especially the boys who were just wanting to see their friends so badly!! I just hate they didn't get more time with them. The boys want to spend their whole spring break in Cullman instead of Gordo to see their friends (Sorry Gordo family!!).....I'm not going to let them ,of course, but Cullman is just "home" to them...
This is Mason's Parkside buddies Hunter Whitehead, Seth Lancaster, Noah Walker, and Austin Scott. Blane Pope was also there...sorry we missed you in the picture Blane! Thanks to all the parents who also stayed for us to visit with. I miss you Parkside guys so much!!!
Landon's friends Anna, Carlee, Devyn, and Tyler Cone

Other friends there included Romie, Caden, and Tyler Syrono, Cameron and Taylor Tankersley, Allie Scott, Hailey and Harris Crumbley, Noah Wright, Chandler Wisener, Dylan Cone, and Libby Pope (please forgive me if I forgot someone!)I really hate I didn't get pictures of everyone so if you took any at the party with kids that I did not post, please email them to me!
These are the faithful girlfriends that were left behind....Taylor and Hailey




Mike got a little icing in the face from Dawn and Mere...thanks ya'll!! It was priceless!!

After the party, we went to small group at Jessica and Jerry's house. It was so great to be surrounded by all of you again! The food was awesome too!!

Mike, Tiffany, Allen, Meredith holding Brian
Tammy, Bonnie, and Jessica
We spent the night with Bonnie and Shane who are presently on a cruise (I'm so jealous!!). Thank you Bonnie for the hospitality and wonderful pizza that she made us, not once, but twice!Landon spent the night with his buddy Devyn and Mason with his buddy Chandler.....
DEC 29th-On Monday, we spent some time at the house, cleaning up a bit and loading up what we couldn't get before. Mason and Landon got to spend more time with the Pope children, the Tankersleys, and their old neighbors Reid and Kara Hollis. The goodbyes were hard again and the boys little hearts were broken to have to leave Cullman again.
DEC 30th- Tuesday Mom wanted to take the boys to Chuck E. Cheese's for their birthday present. My forever friend Appi and her children joined us there along with some of my aunts, uncle and cousins.
Me and Appi
Taylor, my aunts Terry, Gail, Diane, and Big Steve (by the way, Diane, Big Steve, and my mom are going to be our first guests here in Colorado!! Yea!! I am so excited!! They will be here on Jan. 25th!! Jeff, Tyler, and Tammy have their plane tickets for April!! Whoo-hoo!!)
Dec 31st-Wednesday New Year's Eve was spent over at the Owen's with a fun-filled night of games. Mike's Aunt Gail Peavy and cousin Brandon along with his other aunt Faye and uncle Herman...all from Georgia. We played "Big Booty"(it's not what you think!) and I must say that Owen family, your Big Booty skills have certainly improved since last year!
This is mom with the kids and the other picture is Jeff, Gail, Denise, Mike, and Brandon. We had an awesome time and ate way too much! Thank you all for your hospitality while we were there. In retrospect, I regret not taking enough pictures of everyone although I thought I was being very "blog" conscience while we were there. We left with teary goodbyes again on New Years morning with heavy hearts and a mission still before us in Colorado. We flew out at 11:20, changed flights in Dallas, and arrived at Albuquerque at 3pm. Waiting on us there was Cathy and Earl Wilkening and Dan and Shelia Newman to help us transport the luggage (and me!) back to Vallecito without us all having to pile into the 4 passenger Jeep with no luggage room. What a blessing that was and God's provision again. We did not even ask them to come, they just called us and told us they would be there. The people here are truly serving their pastor.
It was a great Christmas trip to Bama, a blessing to our hearts and kind of like a battery charger as we filled up on getting to see the ones we love to last us a couple more months. We love you all and can't wait to be with you again soon (if I can survive this snow!). Lori

2 comments:

Chantelle said...

Hey!!!
Just wanted to add a quick note to let you know that I am still reading!! I check it all the time even though I don't always get to respond. It was great to see you guys even if it was for just a quick minute. It was tuff because you all have some many people that love you and so I struggled with feeling like we were smothering you. That is definitely a good problem to have...people that love you!! I am glad that you guys had a great visit although I am sure it was exhausting to some degree.

Anyways, I guess I find myself a little sad to see the holidays go as I know that an ever so busy time is approaching me. We have begun the gearing up process as I was in meetings all day to discuss this new thing and that. I do love my job so I guess that makes it a little easier.

Not sure if you have heard, but Jared has decided that he will go back to school!!!! I am excited for him and us but am a little nervous about the whole thing. We think that Jared can try and work just part-time but have been doing a lot of praying about it to say the least. I will keep you posted!! :)

Love you guys and miss you,

Chantelle

Meredith Ann said...

Hey my family away from home!! I miss yall so much. I know God has great plans for yall though. It was so good to spend the day with yall sunday. Man it was like old times and i miss it so bad. Although i know it is a call you have to take. WEll things are crazy in my life these days. Changes and decisions to make just pray for me. I miss you so much to just talk to. I love yall and pray for you alot. I hope its going great and can't wait to come see you. I want to come in march.
love you
mere