Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Great Sunday! (Mike)

I just wanted to share with you all about the good day we had Sunday. There were four guests there Sunday, which is huge for our church and we were all excited about that. Also our worship leader and I have started to try and update and transition our worship to a more joy filled worship time. Sunday was the debut and it went great. The church was more exciting and you could see the people come alive Sunday. They had smiles on their faces and people were lifting their hands in worship. It was an awesome day. God is really moving in the life of our church here. I believe He is positioning us to do some big things here but first He has to do a big work in our church. Please pray that God would do all that He wants in us, so that He might do all that He wants through us. My family and I are hanging in there, but it sure would make it easier if we could see God's hand at work more. We are commited to His will though no matter what. Whether we see the results are not, God has called us to be faithful and to toil without seeing the results if that is what God has called us to. I recall in the book of Acts that Peter preached a great sermon and thousands of people came to faith in Christ. Stephen preached a great sermon and he had thousands of rocks thrown at him and he died. Which one pleased God more? I think God was equally pleased with both; they were both faithful. The point is you be faithful to God and leave the rest up to Him. By the way the Bible says that Stephen saw heaven open up and Jesus standing by the Father ready to welcome him home. I bet Stephen would say all the pain was worth it just to know that Jesus is there waiting on you. Stay faithful everyone. The work is almost over. God bless.
Mike

2 comments:

Bonnie said...

Hey Owens!
Great to hear how God is working at your church! 2009 will be an awesome year; and with a freer worship, no doubt even more people will be drawn to Vallecito, especially those who aren't comfortable with traditional worship and, most importantly, the unchurched. We love you and miss you all.
Bonnie & Co.

ALI said...

FIRST OF ALL, I KNOW YOU PREACHED AN AWESOME SERMON, YOU ALWAYS DO! I WISH I COULD HAVE BEEN THERE TO GREET YOUR NEW COMERS. I PRAY THAT THE HOLY SPIRIT CAUSES THEM TO YERN FOR MORE, THAT THEY HAVE TO COME BACK. I PRAY THAT THEY HAVE NO DISTRACTIONS. GOD TAKE CONTROL!

LORD, I ALSO PRAY FOR MY BROTHER AND SISTER IN CHRIST THAT THEY MAY GET A GLIMPSE OF THE WORK YOU HAVE IN STORE THEM. LORD THEY HAVE SAID, "HEAR I AM SEND ME." USE THEM, SHOW THEM, GIVE THEM WISDOM, OPEN THEIR HEARTS TO YOUR WILL. SO THAT THEY WILL HAVE NO DOUBT THAT THIS MOVE WAS YOUR WILL. THEY HAVE BEEN FAITHFUL TO YOUR CALL. BLESS THEM, AND PUT PEOPLE IN THEIR LIVES THAT WILL ENCOURAGE THEM. I THANK YOU LORD IN ADVANCE FOR ALL YOU WILL DO.

THINKING, MISSING, LOVING, AND PRAYING FOR YOU BOTH,

ALI