Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Sleigh Ride (Lori)


Mike can't post pictures of the sleigh ride and just leave you guys hanging!!! Church members Dan and Shelia Newman (that own the outfitters business) are members of a Horse and Carriage Club and invited us to their winter gathering completed with sleigh rides. It was a really neat experience but very cold as the snow was hitting your face. Here are some more pictures ............





We all got to ride "Blue" with Dan leading us.....


AHHHHHH....this was my first horse ride and it was freaky!! I was so scared! You know how I like to be in control and I certainly couldn't be....I was at the mercy of Blue!

This was a beautiful 8 passenger sleigh.....
We haven't quiet found the "right" hat for Mike yet.........
The boys are having a blast on the 4-wheeler. They have their sleds hooked up to the back..fun!

School started back yesterday and our first Vallecito Play Group was today. We had 4 mothers there and with mine there was a total of 8 children. Haven had a blast! No other plans for the week or weekend so everything is slowing down a bit. Don't forget to leave us a comment to let us know you dropped in! Lori

5 comments:

Dawn said...

awwww I want to go on a sleigh ride!

ALI said...

GLAD YOU ALL MADE IT HOME SAFE. I TOLD BONNIE THAT MAYBE AFTER THE HUNDRETH TIME OF YOU ALL COMING HOME, IT WON'T BE SO EMOTIONAL. OF COURSE I DID PRETTY GOOD AROUND YOU BOTH, BUT IT WAS NOT EASY.

CONTINUE DOING THE FATHER'S WORK, HE IS SO PLEASED, AND I KNOW HE WILL HONOR YOUR OBEDIANCE.

PRAYING AND ROOTING FOR YOU!

ALI

Chantelle said...

Thanks for filling us in on the details of the sleigh ride. It looked like a fun time for all. I am so glad to hear the multiple ways that the new church family is reaching out and including you guys.

Love and miss you...

Chantelle

tonyjet said...

Looks like you are all having fun!

Tammy said...

you are absolutely right about the hat. That one sure doesn't work. He looks like one of the Darlings on the Andy Griffith show.I am busting out laughing right now just thinking about it.