Sunday, January 18, 2009

Counting my Blessings......(Lori)

Hello All! I just wanted to share that today I started literally counting my blessings and asking my children to help. I am so incredibly blessed and take that for granted. When I hear about a wife who has lost her young husband or a local preacher whose house just burned down, it helps me to be more thankful for what I have. I have kind of been in a "pit" of adjustment/boredom and needed a reminder of everything God has done for me.....therefore, I started writing them down. And it helps...and it will be an ongoing list. So if you ever come to that place in life where you lose motivation and everything in your life is viewed negatively, remember this form of Godly therapy! It works!
Let me share some of those blessings with you because they might just involve you!
God has blessed me with:
-an awesome husband whose heart is to follow God.. not man
-beautiful, smart, healthy kids
-good health for me and my family...none of us wake up in pain everyday
-friends that love me (Thank you! I know it is very hard sometimes)
-a wonderful mother who is in good health and has great friends and family
-great inlaws that we all love to be with
-wonderful extended families that love one another and are rarely in discord
-the ability to pay our bills and not be in need(even with a huge house payment!)
-Phones, internet, and mail to communicate with the ones I love
-Our whole families are christians and attend church (yes, even my dad now)
-freedom to worship our Creator however and whenever we want

That's just a few.....what are some of your blessings? Share them with us in a comment please! I may need them on my list!

I have gotten into Facebook the past couple of weeks and it has actually been a blessing also ....very addictive but a blessing. How? Can you think of those people who were once in your life and you wonder how they are, where they are, and how life is for them? I have been able to reconnect with so many people from the past and it is so neat to find out how life is for them. I have found childhood friends, high school friends, college friends, past church friends, and Kids that were in the youth groups that Mike led. I have found some freedom from connecting with two people who were once very close friends in my life that I have been hurt by. (Hmmm..you are all wondering who that might be aren't you?) So the computer is not all bad. Why is it so much easier to "talk" on the computer than face to face?? this may all sound silly for a wife and mother of 3 but when you are 1300 miles from home and have a lot of time on your hands, connecting with people in your past is therapeutic with dealing with the people in your "present".

Mason has been asked by a parent at Bayfield to play on their basketball team in the Durango League. That's an awesome blessing too that he gets to play with his classmates and the coaching instruction is soooooo much better than he gets at Ignacio. They will overlap for two weeks but we'll sacrifice. Mason's team did play much better at Ignacio this week and won! FINALLY! Not use to losing! He scored 14 points. Landon's team won again and he scored 4 points.

Other news is that Mike and I joined the Praise team, Donny and his family came back (but are living in Bayfield instead of Vallecito), we are going with a couple tomorrow to Silverton and Ouray (aka the switzerland of Colorado) and my mom, aunt Diane, and uncle Steve are coming on Saturday night!! oh and the boys grades were awesome!! (they get graded in Library....Library???) OH, and the church bought Mike a laptop...huge blessing because we could not replace our computer until our house sells. I'll quite rambling and leave you with this word
"Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge Him and He will make your path straight" Prov. 3:5-6

This has become my favorite verse. Please pray for the Jim Branyon family, a guy that I went to high school who died in seconds without any prior health problems. Please pray for a friend whose name is Tammy (not Silvey everyone!) that just found out some bad health news and is seeking God for the first time in a while, and pray for one of my new friends here....she has been such a blessing to me but I am not sure she is a Christian. Pray that she will allow God to move in her life and as a result, she will reach her husband who is totally against God at this time.

Remember those blessings that you have taken for granted this week and praise God for them!
Lori


-

2 comments:

Chantelle said...

Counting your blessings...that makes sense!! That is a terrific reminder for me as my flesh usually tends to think negatively. It is so true that we are truely blessed and should feel ashamed to not think otherwise, but we do. God is good!!

The Kritners said...

I love you Lori! Thank you for the beautiful words on this site! You are amazing and touch more people than you realize! You are a true inspiration and I love your verse! The pictures of you and Haven are precious! YES count our blessings, because they FAR out weigh the bad stuff! Have a blessed week! Hugs and Kisses to all and I am so glad your family is coming there! WOW blessings just keep coming! Love, Becky