Friday, January 16, 2009

Cold Weather (Mike)

We hear out in Colorado that Alabama is getting some cold weather. I hope everyone is staying warm down there. We feel for you guys. Just wanted to ask everyone to pray for us. We are at that stage where we have settled in and things are no longer new and the difficult part of being here has begun. This has been a tough week for Lori and the kids; I don't know why this week but it is tough so pray that God would grant to our family peace and joy during this season of our lives. Lori has some family coming next week so that should help some. Anyway not really much to tell today; we start out in the mornings close to zero and it warms up to the 30's during the day, which is really nice when the sun is out. Snow is still everywhere and we are expecting more next week. I miss seeing you all and we would love to hear from you. I pray that you all are well and encourage you to stay faithful, especially those of you in Grace Community. God would finish what He has begun in you and in the church there.

I want to send a special thank you out to Shane and Bonnie Bowman for checking on our house and even fixing some things that needed it. Thanks Shane and Bonnie. You guys are a gift from the Lord to us. We love you.

Happy late B'day to my good friend Jeff Silvey. Jeff I have always admired your love and commitment to the Lord and to the gospel. Thanks for being such a good friend and example. We love you and Tammy.

A note to Tony Jetton. Hey Tony I found a golf course here where the membership fee for the whole year is only about $350. I am going to join because it sounds like such a good deal . Nice course too. Of course when you figure that it is only open for about 2 months it doesn't seem like such a bargain but I have decided to get me some snow shoes and play all winter long. I won't be able to see the greens or the fairways but that way I can just say as far as I know I hit every fairway and green. My kind of golf.

God bless you all. We will write more later.
Mike

4 comments:

Chantelle said...

I will definitely pray for joy and peace in the life of the Owen family. I can only imagine how it must feel to be so far away from home. I do know and have been constantly reminded this week especially about how God takes care of us. He takes care of us in more ways than we can imagine and a lot of times we don't even realize it. I pray that God will take care of you guys physically but emotionally too. I pray that he will not let you feel frustrated and discouraged. Keep up the good fight...for he is faithful!!!

Chantelle

The Kritners said...

Wow Mike! Even so far away your words touch my heart, give me hope and strength and remind me who I am and who is truly in control! Just when I want to give up and the tears overcome me and my heart feels broken...Our God uses you to step on my toes, just like the first visits I made to Grace! You truly are a man filled with God's love and a blessing to so many! You are an example (lori too) of how being obedient and trusting GOD when nothing seems right or the way you want it that God will direct you and HE is in control and will bless you and use you if you just say,"Lord send me". Thank you Mike and know that my life is different because of you! Keep up the good work and YOU WILL see the plan God has for you, your family and your church! Wow that was hard to say,your church instead of Grace! All in God's timing! Miss you guys! Love you! Becky

ALI said...

HEY MIKE AND LORI HOW IS MY FAVORITE FAMILY IN COLORADO. HA HA, ONLY FAMILY I KNOW. LOVE YOU GUYS AND MISS YOU. DO NOT GET DISCOURAGED! THE ONLY ONE WHO WOULD WANT YOU TO THINK THIS IS, NOT WORTHY! DO NOT GIVE HIM A FOOT HOLD!!!!OUR GOD IS A MIGHTY GOD AND HE WOULD NOT HAVE TAKEN YOU AWAY FROM YOUR HOME IN ALABAMA, IF HE DID NOT HAVE A GOOD REASON. REMAIN FOCUSED, BECAUSE I KNOW FROM THE BOTTOM OF MY HEART THAT HE IS WITH YOU. BE STILL AND KNOW THAT HE IS GOD!!!!!!!!!!!! HE IS NOT A LITTLE GODDER (BRO JACK TERM) HE IS IS A BIG GODDER!

SO LET US ALL SIT BACK BE PATIENT AND WAIT, ON OUR HEAVENLY FATHER, FOR HE HAS ALREADY LAID OUT HIS PLANS FOR YOU. EVEN THOUGH THERE MAY BE TIMES YOU WOULD LOVE TO COME HOME. (OF COURSE WE WOULD ALL LOVE TO HAVE YOU HOME) HE HAS A REASON AND A PURPOSE. WE HERE AT GRACE ARE WITH YOU, ON THE JOURNEY, THAT GOD BROUGHT BEFORE YOU. TO SERVE HIM TO GROW DEEPER IN LOVE WITH HIM, WITH ONE ANOTHER, AND TO MAKE A DIFFERNCE IN OTHER PEOPLE LIVES.

SO ROCK JESUS'S WORLD, REMAIN STRONG AND FAITHFULL. WE TWO ARE PRAYING AND TRAVELING WITH YOU.

LOVE YOU GUYS,

ALI

tonyjet said...

I am reading this on Tuesday, after reading Lori's post(it came before yours) so I can see God has already been answering your prayer requests. I do lift you up in prayer everytime I think of you. I like the sound of the membership fee for the golf course and would consider joining, but cost of getting to the course each week would be a little "pricey" for me! I was just thinking the other day that I don't have anyone crazy enough to want to play Brookside golf course with me anymore.