Friday, June 18, 2010

SonQuest Rainforest VBS 2010

Our theme this year for VBS is SonQuest Rainforest by GROUP Publishing. This is the first time I have ever done the decorations myself but I was very pleased with how it all turned out. This is the mural out in the tent.......
When God wants you to accomplish something, he'll equip you with the talent needed to get the job done. I never knew I could draw, and I can't free-hand anything but I can look at a drawing and copy it onto cardboard. I made all the animals (except the parrots that are hanging up) and the plants by drawing and cutting it out of cardboard. This is the fellowship hall where we have crafts and snacks.......


This is a tree in case you can't tell.....







Another tree....

Our kick off was a success with about 25 kids or so in attendence. These girls were so cute eating their cotton candy.....

And the bouncy house is always a hit....

Mike manned the cotton candy machine and oh my! It was all over him by the time he figured out how to do it right!

Our first day at VBS we had 28 kids and last week 27. Last year we started with 17 so we're hoping it will increase like it did last year. So far it's been great and we only have 6 more weeks of it left. The Central Alabama Chritian Builders will be arriving tomorrow and we are so excited to meet them and see the work God is going to do through them. Would you believe that we got the building permit just 2 days ago!??! God answered our plea for favor and everything that seemed impossible to accomplish before the 19th has been because of HIM! PRAISE BE TO GOD! I can't believe the time is here!

No comments: