Tuesday, December 16, 2008

First Big Snow!



Good morning to all you guys our there. This morning my family and I woke up to our first big snow event of the year, and of our lives. For those of you who are not in the valley this morning there is more than a foot and a half of snow on the ground, and it is still falling fast. In some places the snow is up to three feet. The kids of course are overjoyed because of the snow, and the fact that school is cancelled today. We are looking forward to enjoying the time and the snow together.
As I look out over the beauty of the mountains and the snow I am reminded of the promise from God that says "Come now let us reason together, says the Lord. Though your sins are like scarlet, they shall be as white as snow..."
As I look out over the snow I realize how completely they cover everything around. There is no seeing the dirt or imperfections underneath it. Where there was dirt and junk, it has now been completely hidden. How incredible, how wonderful to know that through Christ our sins are not only covered but taken away. The dirt and sin underneath the surface of my life has been swept away, done away with by the wonderful blood of Jesus that has made us white as snow. (Insert your own Hallelujah here.) What a message of hope we have to tell the world! What a message of joy we have to celebrate this time of year! It was all made possible because Jesus was willing to accept the will of the Father, he humbled himself and came to our world to save us. I wish your family the best Christmas you have ever had this year. I am thankful to be able to share it with you. I pray that your hearts would be filled with joy and the truth would ring out in your life this morning, YOUR SINS ARE FORGIVEN!

God bless you all dear ones. I love you.

Pastor Mike



(The snow is up to my knees here)

2 comments:

Dawn said...

wow that is a lot of snow!!! wish I was there to see it and you guys!! Mike, I am very glad you have found another sweatshirt besides that UGLY orange one. haha love ya'll!!!!

ALI said...

SO EXCITED THAT GOD IS SHOWING YOU THROUGH THE EYES OF HIS WORLD, THE MEANING OF HIS LOVE. COVERING OUR FILTH/SIN WITH BEAUTIFUL FRESH GLISTENING WHITE SNOW. IT IS TRULY AMAZING SEEING HOW GOD REACHES OUT TO US IF WE ONLY STOP AND PAY ATTENTION. MAY THE BEAUTY OF GOD REIGN DOWN ON YOUR SOUL TODAY. MAY HIS LOVE EXCITE YOU.

LORD THANK YOU FOR SENDING BRO MIKE, LORI, AND THIER FAMILY TO CO. THROUGH THIER OBEDIANCE TO YOU LORD, PLEASE BLESS THEM. TAKE AWAY THERE SADNESS AND FILL IT WITH YOUR MIGHTY LOVE, JOY, AND HOPE. CONTINUE TO SHOW THEM WHY? GIVE THEM THE WISDOM THEY NEED TO KNOW TO MAKE THEIR JOURNEY A SUCCESS. WE PRAISE YOU LORD FOR ALL YOU WILL DO IN THEIR LIVES.

LOVE YOU GUYS AND MISS YOU,

ALABAMA ALI