Sunday, December 21, 2008

Open House....(Lori)

I survived!! Open House turned out great! We had a good turn out and lots of fun fellowship. Here is a picture of all the goodies we made...... I know it doesn't look like that much but we had about 7 different things and tons of left overs....would you like to come over for lunch? Come on over..........



The kiddos helped to make sugar cookies on Friday night. They each had a batch of dough and cookie cutters. It was so fun! Some they iced and put sprinkles on and others had sprinkles cooked right in the dough.....




Haven got a little too excited with the cookie cutters and would use two or three by the time I could get over there to help.....then she played with the dough like it was play dough! She loves to help in the kitchen and brings over the little "time out" bench to stand on when you are making things.........



Landon really got into making all the different shapes....however, when we cooked them, they kind of grew together (nothing a little icing and sprinkles couldn't fix!).






The snow stopped on Friday and the sun finally peaked through. It is so beautiful when the sun is out on the snow. We went to basketball games again yesterday morning and we saw a 6 point buck and two doe(s?) in a snow white field pretty close to us which was a beautiful scene. Of course I did not have my camera out so on the way home, I got ready to shoot that perfect picture but we did not see any, of course! I did take some shots of the lake on the way home.....



On Friday we went to the school for Christmas parties. By the way, Mason made Honorable Mention on his Science Project!!! This means that out of 105 5th graders, he was in the top 8!!! You don't know how proud I was for him because he tried Science Fair in Kindergarten, First, Second, and Third and never placed so he said he was never going to try again. I helped him with all of those and his dad helped him with this one so I guess we know now what his problem was all those years!!

Anyway, I thought I would show you a shot of the playground they go out on 3 times a day! It is sooooo different for us because at Parkside, they barely go out in the winter (they stay in the gym).

That's Mason on the basketball court.









Tether ball is popular at recess and Landon just doesn't enjoy it so he ends up playing with the girls most of the time.....




We are celebrating Landon's birthday today by going ice skating at the local rink. He gets to open a present today and one tomorrow on his birthday and is driving me crazy right now wanting to open it. Here we go.........
By the way, it was not me that hurt my ribs....it was Mike....(many of you thought it was me!) so we'll start putting our name in the title so you'll know first who wrote it!
(Psst....only 4 days until we are back in Alabama.....YEA!!!!)

Lori

1 comment:

Dawn said...

Oh Lori those pictures are absolutely beautiful!!! breath taking actually! I love the pictures of the kids making cookies. They are so sweet. Me, Noah, and Meghan are going to make lots of good sweet stuff tomorrow. I'm so excited!!! Like I need anymore sweet stuff lol! I can't wait to see you this week. Love you and miss you!!!