Thursday, December 4, 2008

5 Things...

Not much going on this week......I'm not feeling that well, Landon is dealing with congestion, and Haven woke up today all stuffed up. The saddest part about the week is that Donny and Kirk have not made it back from New Mexico from the Thanksgiving break. Donny was going to visit his mom and Kirk was going to find work down there (for the week we thought). I am afraid that he found work and they decided to stay :(

I have seen on other blogs where they post lists of things they are doing or of what they like, etc, (mainly because they don't have much to write about which is my case today) but I found it interesting any way.....


5 Things I Like about Colorado.........
1. The scenery is breathtaking, of course.
2. Time.......it's nice to have time to think ahead of the here and now (maybe I'll learn to stop being late everywhere I go) and time with the kids..
3. Outdoor fun... there are a lot of outdoor things to do that is fun for the kids (and I guess for me too)
4. The new church family... they are very kind and accomodating. Although they are small in number right now, they have a great loving relationship with one another.
5. Salary Package.... the way the package is set up, the church pays for all the utilities...we don't even see the bills so it's really nice. All we have to pay for is our cell phone bill and credit cards. Even though the house is not our own, it's so nice to have the church take care of that again. I know it sounds crazy but we are not sure if we ever want to own a house again after having such a hard time with selling the one in Cullman.


5 Things I don't like about Colorado.......
1. The SNOW..... yeah, it's beautiful and all but it's more of the type place I would want to just visit for a week or two...I'm more of a hot weather girl....the next 3 months are going to be very challenging!!
2. The PRICES.... yes, everything is a little higher here...
3. No Dollar Generals!! Enough said....
4. Liberals.... this little Bible Belt girl is a little intimidated by all the liberals in the area. However, I realize this is why we came...they need Jesus so God Help ME!

and last but not least by any means...
5. It is way too far from you guys!! Our Grace family is not here with us and our Gordo family is not 2 hours away. The fact that I can't just jump in the car and go for an overnight visit is so hard to get used to. That's why I want everyone of you to come see me!! Tell your spouse it's therapy for Lori!

5 comments:

tonyjet said...

Hang in there! I can relate because of the time we spent in Arizona. It was so far from home. I didn't enjoy the time there like I should have because of being homesick. Now we look back and have many fond memories. The time will pass much faster than you relaize. You'll look back some day too, so make some good memories!

Chantelle said...

I hope that you get to feeling a little better!! I will pray for you and I will definitely pray for that house to sell!! I hope you have a good weekend!!

ROLL TIDE!!!!!!!!!

The Kritners said...

Love you Lori! Hold on to God's promises! And when you find yourself getting down pull out what I wrote to you because ALL of it is SO true! You are truly a woman of noble character and a hero in my eyes! More of us need the faith to take a leap when God speaks! The country song,"life is about changes~nothing ever stays the same" has been more true these days! But the one thing that stays the same,ALWAYS, is OUR GOD! Wait till all of your Grace family(& your Gordo family) start coming to visit... you will wish it to stop!haha It was so good to hear Mike's voice on our answering machine! Kaity bug cried! Sorry we missed the call, we will try to call you all soon! Today I have to spend the day in pain! Listening to Possum & Pete yelling GO BAMA~ROLL TIDE!ALL DAY! This is going to be such a LONG year!!! I wish I had a Gator shirt, I'd wear it today,ha! Miss you all, hope you and the kids start feeling better soon! Love Always, Becky

ALI said...

I haven't been on lately to see how things are going. It's basketball season and life is crazy. Here is an update on our lives.

Kenny graduates on Dec. 19, he will be beginning his next chapter in life. He will take the summer off and work before going back to school. Right now he is submitting his resume every where. So please pray that he finds a good job, and one that will be beneficial to God.

Nick is doing good, getting closer to graduation. Making me sad. Basketball season for him and Tyler isn't going liked we hoped. They have been pretty bumbed.

Martin doing good, just hard to get up in the morning.

Jackie just got over a severe case of the chicken pox. She had the worst case her doctor had seen. Said she would have been a good text book case. At first she was going to let Tyler see her but by day two she was scary. You would have felt bad for her. She had a note from the doctor that said she could go back to school once her lesions dried. She had them right before Thanksgiving. She chose to go to school as soon as she could but could have waited. Unfortunately, her classmates made her feel awful. They made fun fo her and acted like she was contagious. She said she knows how the leopards felt. She was just thankful her's was temporary. She was a trooper. The boys said they would have never gone looking like she did. We were blessed she was so bold. Tyler final saw her and said she didn't look that bad. That made her feel better.

Mike was so glad to hear from Bro Mike. He misses you. He is still spending time with his mom on Wednesday. She has come one time so far since Glen went to "Heaven." The awesome thing is Michael's sister's husband did come this past week. I will explain all that later. Pray for God to work in their lives.

Me sad to say stressed. So much to do and so little time. I wish I couold join you in that part of peace you have Lori.

Can't explain the emotion of how much I miss you all. I am praying for you all. Ecspecially for the house, your health, safety, and God's Miracles in the lives of the people there.

Oh yea, don't tell Mike I told you but he said if he wouldn't be a trader he would almost think about becoming a bama fan. I am sorry about the loss tonight. I think God had His hand in that. Tim Tebow is an awesome Godly young man, He has done well I am sure in the eyes of God. Plus his parents are missonaries serving the Lord and got to watch there son get such an honor.

Bama has had an unbeliveable year. It is time to change Roll Tide to Roll God!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Love and Miss You All,

Ali

Meredith Ann said...

WOW! That blog was long and good to read. Girl you better cheer up right now. I am praying for you to be filled with joy there!!! I miss you all so much it hurts when i really think about it but i try not to and pretend yall are on a long vacation. Ok now come back. Im ready!! Life is crazy here i need to come there and slow down to get some rest and peace. I love the family picture. Who took it? That is so good i want one. Well it's 12:30am and gotta get up in the morning for church. Love you so much!!!!!
Mere