Thursday, December 11, 2008

Life In Colorado



Hey everyone I just want to give you a quick update on things here in Colorado. I am still very bruised and sore with my ribs and other places I didn't know about at the time, but I am doing good. It should heal by spring.

Yesterday Lori had a group of 6 young mothers and about 11 kids at the church for a new outreach ministry she has started. The church here hasn't had that many kids there in years. Good job Lori. Please pray God would bless that ministry and that many of those families, none of whom go to our church and many of them are unchurched, would find Jesus. We are doing a Christmas Eve service that the church folks say brings in people from all over the valley. I am excited about getting those people into church. What is sad is that the church usually just sings some songs and reads the Christmas story and then they have communion and go home. Of course those of you who know me will guess that this year they are going to hear a sermon about Jesus. I will try to keep it short but you know...I can't imagine getting all those unchurched people to church and not preaching Jesus. The sad thing is that many of them have no idea what Christmas is all about. I spoke to a lady today who works next door to the church, who said she was reading a book about Christmas to her daughter over the weekend and her daughter said, "So Christmas is Jesus' birthday, I didn't know that." Her daughter is 7 years old. They are lost and unchurched and don't have a clue about Jesus and His love for them. Multiply that by hundreds of people and you understand the work that has to be done here, the work that God wants done here. I am saddened to know that there are people who literally live and work in the shadow of this church and they don't even know the basic truths about Jesus. I am beginning to understand better why God sent us here. Not that we are the answer, but we know the answer. Pray for us that God will grant us opportunities and boldness to share the truth of Jesus to this world. Pray that God would bless the ministry of this church. Pray for our family. The devil wants us to be depressed and discouraged. Your prayers are the key. We need them. I love you all and hope to see you in a few weeks "back home."

Mike

7 comments:

Sandi said...

Sorry to hear about the sled wreck, sometimes it takes things like that to remind us that we aren't young chickens anymore.. You need to be better before you come home cause you know the Grace family have alot of hugs for you..

It is so exciting to hear what God is doing through ya'll. See all this time you thought Brazil was the place for you, and who would have thought it was Colorado..
Tell the boys and Lori that the Cone family said hey and we miss all of ya'll.... Love ya'll and by the way I hope ya'll let all of us know where the meeting place will be when ya'll come home..

Bonnie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Bonnie said...

Hello Friends.
How very much I miss you; but God has put you in CO and He is clearly at work through you. No doubt, the people there are drawn to Him because of who you are. We never knew anybody like you in MT; and I'm sure it's the same for them.
He has chosen you for this great work and He will see his purposes accomplished!

I love you so much.
Bonnie

Bonnie said...

I have been wracking my brain trying to remember things from up North to save you heartache and pain (like hidden rocks and tree stumps when sledding). A couple of things come to mind, shoulders of snow packed roads can look solid but suck you in and get you stuck,and don't take any wooden nickels.
Bonnie is right. We never met a pastor and family as loving as you guys are, and you will surely steal the hearts of all the people you encounter.
Stay warm and safe.
Useless info man
Shane

tonyjet said...

You know as I read about Mike's exploits with the boys and the sled, the country music song "I ain't as good as I once was" came to mind. Believe me, I can relate! Mike you're got to work this angle, you are really in good shape except..... for your knee. If it weren't for your knee, you could do about anything! Then, when you know you shouldn't try something you can say " If it wasn't for my bad knee, I'd be the first one to do it"! Seriously, I am glad to hear the field is WHITE with harvest (pun intented, I couldn't help myself)and that both you and Lori are being faithful in ministering to those people. Remember, that's all you have to do, He will do the rest!

The Kritners said...

When reading post like this(not the sled wreck)it helps to ease the hurt of missing you all! Because it confirms that you all being there IS GOD'S PLAN!! Amazing to know that there are those who don't know the true meaning of Christmas and the Love of our God that can heal, comfort and give you such JOY in all situations!! Keep sharing the news and Keep up the GREAT work! As you have reminded us(more than once)the devil is ALREADY defeated!God has won the battle and will guide you through those hard(depressed)times and remind you HE,your Lord and Savior, brought you where you are today and saw you through yesterday and WILL deliver you through tomorrow!!You and Lori are truly walking in HIS footsteps and He will carry you when you think you can't take another step!Even the soreness in your body will end up being a message, a story, God will use to touch someone! Maybe even a lesson of knowing limitations OR "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me" Love you guys! Miss you sooo much and my heart is forever changed because of Mike and Lori being a part of my life!Thank you and know one day there will be people in CO that will be saying those very words! Love, Becky

Dawn said...

hey guys!!! I am so glad to here that God is doing amazing things there through ya'll, but I'm not surprised. He is an amazing God and he picked the right people for the job. I love you and miss you guys. Can't wait to see you. And by the way Mike sorry for laughing at your sled wreck but if I recall you would do the same if it were me and I'm sure some smart remark to go along with it. haha MISS YOU!!! LOVES!!!!
Dawn