Sunday, December 7, 2008

Raccoons, Rocks and Broken Ribs


Saturday night we were invited to a Christmas Party of one of our church members. They have a family of wild Raccoons they have been feeding on their back porch for years. We all took turns feeding them by holding a bowl full of dog food down for them to come eat. We had as many as nine come up and eat.


The kids had their first basketball games this weekend. Landon's team won and Mason's team lost. It was not a fun time for Mason.

Today after church we went sledding up on Middle Moutain. There is still almost a foot of snow up on the mountain. We went to a place called the gravel pit. There was a big hill there and me a Mason and Landon climbed up and came down on our sleds. The first couple of times were good. Then on the third time I was coming down, I slid about half way off of my sled and was hanging off the side. That is when it happened....... I hit a big rock hidden under the snow. The boys thought it was so funny until they realized I couldn't breathe. Of course I tried to make out like I wasn't that hurt. I told them I think I needed a break so I hobbled over to the car while they went back up the hill to sled some more. As I struggled for breath and drug myself over to the Jeep, it hit me..... I can't keep up with my kids anymore. I may have broken a few ribs and my knee is swollen but hopefully after a few days of rest, I will be as good as new..... and I am sure I will try to once again do whatever the boys do. This time, I will check the hill for rocks first! Hope to see you all soon. God bless.

Mike




5 comments:

Meredith Ann said...

My oh my. Those raccoons look scary. I don't like wild animals they scare me. The sled incident was so funny (sorry) i can just imagine you hitting that rock so hard. I wish i could have seen that. It sounds like yall are having so much fun in the snow. Can't wait to see it hopefully soon. I hope your church is doing great. I love yall and miss you tons. More than you know.
Mere

Bonnie said...

Hi Guys. Missing you a lot!
Mike, so sorry to hear about your sledwreck. Hope you're feeling better soon. Snow is fun!

I love you and can't wait to see you.
Bonnie

Dawn said...

I have to agree with Mere and this one. It is kinda funny. I wish I could have been there to see it! Sorry but I would have laughed after I saw you were ok. haha. Miss you guys and love you!!!!
Dawn

The Kritners said...

Oh my goodness! Now we feel real bad we weren't here when you called! Sounds to dangerous there we think you need to come home...NOW!!! Praying for a quick recovery and because I can show compassion...I won't say... "CHOMP~CHOMP" or offer you some gator jerkey!!! LOVE you BIG!!! Always, Becky

Tammy said...

Yea, that's what 40 does to you. Now you know how we feel. I will praying for a quick recovery. I miss you guys and love you. Can't wait to see you.