Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Little Blessings

Update from the sale this weekend........Only 9 of my 15 contributors showed up but I ended up with a ton of stuff from those 9 people. A lady was moving and gave me a lot to use in the sale also. It never rains here but wouldn't you know that it would rain all day on Saturday! We had a good flow of people come in the morning but none hardly in the afternoon. Anyway, the toys and the baby stuff went well but the clothes did not go very well which is odd because that is what we are so into in Cullman. Final Result: I did not make but about 1/3 of what I spent getting this thing together so I'm not sure if the Little Blessings, LLC will live on. Everyone is encouraging me to try again, that now people know what it is and word of mouth will help it be better next time....but....it's not THEIR money that's being sunk into all this so I will spend much time in prayer before a decision is made about a fall sale. I'm just not that much of a risk taker and don't like wasting money that we really need. Thank you to all who prayed for me and for the sale....I am presently seeking the lesson the Lord has for me in all this!
Lori

2 comments:

Jamie said...

Dear Lori Ann,

Well, I am finally caught up on your family's blog and just kicking myself for not staying in touch better. I feel like I have taken the trip from Bama to Colorado with you guys. You have made me smile, cry, and say ouch (with all of Haven's broken bones). I am inspired by you guys and your ability to "get up" and move where God has called you. Thanks for being so honest and real here about the good times and hard times of this move. I feel much the same way as you do but we are only 3 hours from home. Your post on making a list of blessings has hit a cord with me today. I am having a tough time this week and so that will be on the top of my priority list during my bible study/quiet time tomorrow.

Tell me exactly where you are in Colorado. Josh has to fly into Denver for business quite often and maybe I can come for a visit sometimes. He owes me a trip with all those frequent flyer miles he gets. :)

Sorry for the longest blog comment in history. I just felt like I had so much to say since reading it all from the beginning. :)

Love you and I promise to stay in touch more often!

Chantelle said...

I hate to hear that the weekend wasn't as successful as you would have hoped for. I would say that you have to at least give it one more try but talking to the father about it is definitely the most important thing. Be encouraged!!!

Chantelle