Tuesday, May 12, 2009

The Great Rescue!!

Funny story.....On Mother's Day Sunday, we decided to go canoeing. All 5 of us PLUS the dog get in the canoe and we are off to a shakey start..(you know what I mean if you've ever been in one.)
So we are heading across the lake.......
And we see some friends on the other side and decide to go over and say HI.....

When we get near there, Lucee (the dog) sees their dog Rec and jumps out of the canoe and into the water!! Without a thought, LANDON then jumps out of the canoe and in to the water and saves LUCEE!! It all happened so fast! I said "Landon, I can't believe you did that!"...and he replied "I LOVE THAT DOG!" So funny! And we had so many witnesses that saw it all which made it even funnier! So we got them out of the water and our friends had a blanket in the car that we wrapped Landon and Lucee up in. Mike said "I think that it the best thing I have ever witnessed....a boy's love for his dog!". Our trip back across the lake was more uneventful (thank goodness!) because Lucee slept in my lap, wrapped up all the way back. Then the kids decided they wanted to play in the water some....but not for long because it was soooo cold!

Monday was award's day at school and Mason got the Citizen of Year award in his class and the Presidential Excellence award! We are so proud of him!
The only award given out in Landon's group was Citizen of the Year and while he did not get it, we also want to say how proud we are of the all A's he's made all year on his report card. They did not recognize academic awards in K through 2nd grade and we were a little disappointed for him and feel he should be recognized for all his hard work (as well as all the other ones that made all A's and B's). We're also proud of Landon for ending the year with a best friend (Joe) in his class and beating some of his classmates in tetherball!! (That's the game he hated when we got here because he didn't know how to play) Congratulations boys! We are soooo proud of you!

2 comments:

Jamie said...

That is too funny! I thought you were going to say the boat tumbled over. :)

Congrats to your boys on such a great school year.

Chantelle said...

That is a great story. I too thought the canoe was going to end up being upside with all its passengers in the water. Lucee is lucky to have such a great family!! I am also glad the weather is good for you guys there. I don't think I have ever seen so much rain in my life!! Having been through a small drout about two years ago, I guess we can't complain.

I know you guys are so proud of the boys, and you should be!!