Saturday, November 15, 2008

A Good Day Fishing


Yesterday, Friday, the boys were out of school and so I took them fishing in the Vallecito lake behind our house. We didn't catch a fish. Of course it's hard to catch anything when the boys are ready to leave 5 minutes after you get there. Anyway we went home and decided to take a family walk down to play in some of the mountain streams that run behind our house. These streams feed into the lake and are very cold, but it was about 60 yesterday so we decided to check them out. I told the boys that the kokanee salmon were running in the streams now because they are at the end of their spawning run. When we got down to the stream we saw a few salmon swimming in the stream so we jumped in and caught them, barehanded. It was so much fun. Landon and Mason also caught one. We couldn't keep them yesterday because you can only start keeping them on November 15, today, so we are going back out this afternoon to "catch" some more salmon. I'll let you know how we do. I can't believe all these years I have wasted money on reel and rods and bait when all you need to do is reach in and grab them. Hey Jeff Silvey and Jerry Creel, try that today at Guntersville and let me know how you do. I pray you are all doing well. I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Mike


3 comments:

Tammy said...

That's about the ugliest fish I've ever seen. I hope you didn't eat it. It looked sick or something. That's probably the only way you could catch the thing.HA! Maybe when we come out there Jeff can show you how to catch some real fish.

The Kritners said...

WOW! that was a fish! Kind of ugly! It was nice to see how relaxed and happy you look Mike! No stress and aggravation will do wonders for your face!! I'm jealous! Actually glad to see you enjoying the blessings God has sent your way! Loved the birthday cake!! And everyone in black!wow! We miss you! It's good to be free!! Take care! Love, Becky

ALI said...

WE MISS YOU ALL! Another example of how great our God is, we sometimes make things so complicated. When all we have to do is just reach out and grap it.

God is so amazing! ALI