Thursday, November 13, 2008

Happy Birthday Mikee!!! Lori's Tribute

HAPPY 40TH BIRTHDAY MIKEE!!

When I got up this morning, he was doing his own birthday blog and I told him I had to do a tribute blog to him so he said "go ahead". He is at lunch with Earl and Jerry who took him out today for a birthday lunch so it's my turn to play on the computer. I figured out how to scan and add old pictures...yea!!! So here is a picture of back when it all started.....

AWWWWW...that's Mike as a baby with Mama Kay, Pop, Angela, and Jeff.....this next picture we found when we started dating and it is actually a picture of Mark's birthday (Mike's brother) and Mike is over to the left and that's me standing beside Mark, three over from Mike.......

Next, Do you remember this day? Many of you do......(sorry I was a little "uptight" that day for you all that were there).............

But I sure snagged a good one! Mike, you are the greatest husband a woman could ask for. Thank you for being so kind hearted, patient, gentle, funny, and loving. I could not have asked for a better father for my children also. He provides for them, loves them, teaches them, guides them, and brings them up in the "nuture and admonition of the Lord" plus he has all that patience that I lack. You are the greatest and I love you with all my heart (even if you did drag me across the country!)
Which one of these brothers do you think is the oldest????
(Mark, you are so in trouble come May....I found several old birthday pictures of you!)
So, Happy Birthday my dear husband!! May the aches and pains that are before you be few and far between!
I LOVE YOU!!!
LORI

4 comments:

Meredith Ann said...

Happy B'day Mike. I can't believe you are 40 years old today! Whatever you gettin old!! JK I miss yall like crazy. I enjoyed reading your bday message and loved loris tribute. It made my eyes water. I miss yall so much but i am glad God is doing great things in yalls life. I am praying for yall and i hope you had a great b'day. Love you tons.

ALI said...

WOW, GOD HAS BLESSED YOUR BEAUTIFUL FAMILY. I PRAISE GOD FOR PUTTING YOU ALL IN OUR LIVES. ENJOY THIS DAY AND THE MANY TO COME.

ALI

PS BRO MIKE I DIDN'T GET TO SEE A BEAUTIFULL BALD EAGLE LIKE YOU HAVE. I DID GET THE EXCITEMENT OF GETTING TO SEE A HUGE OWL. TRY TO PICTURE THIS, I AM DIRVING HOME FROM WORK. IT'S WEDNESDAY NIGHT AND I AM ONLY GETTING TO MAKE PRAISE TEAM PRACTICE. (HATE TO SAY IT BUT I WAS SPEEDING A LITTLE TOO) ALL OF A SUDDEN, THIS HUGE OWL SWEEPS FROM THE DRIVER SIDE, TOWARD MY WINDSHIELD, GRAZING MY WINDOW, AND OVER THE TOP. I CAN'T BELIEVE IT MISSED ME. IT WAS SO CLEAR THEAT I GOT TO SEE THE COMPLETE VIEW OF HIS UNDERSIDE AND FEET. I COULDN'T BELIEVE IT. IT WAS SCARY BUT AT THE SAME TIME IT WAS BEAUTIFUL.

Tammy said...

That was beautiful Lori. Hope you had a great day Mike. Now your in the 40 club with us. It all goes down hill from here. LOL! Hope to see you at Christmas. Love you guys!

Dawn said...

Lori you are so sweet and very blessed! WOW Mike you are getting old!!! haha You don't look 40 so that has to count for something. haha (if you only knew how hard I am laughing) No but really I hope you had a very happy birthday (though it would have been better if you were here) I love and miss ya'll so much. I can't wait to see you at Christmas!!!!