Sunday, November 30, 2008

24 Days 'Til Christmas!

Wow! Where has the year went? As exciting as Christmas is, it is also a little bittersweet to me as all three of my babies turn a year older in the months surrounding Christmas. How was your Thanksgiving holiday weekend? Yes, because of the snow, I left my home at 3:45 to head to Walmart for the big sale (thank God for Cathy who volunteered to go with me and drive me in her 4 wheel drive!). You would not believe how little the crowd was and how calm everything was at 5:00 a.m. compared to shopping in Tuscaloosa. Someone asked what the difference was and I guess if you can afford a $350,000 home(the average price for a home here), you don't really have to get out for the bargains! I had a buggy full of everything I wanted and was ready to check out by 5:15!! I hope you had an awesome weekend......and what topped it off was ...ROLL TIDE!!! Wasn't that refreshing yet somewhat boring? We've waited 6 long years for that one and deserved that wonderful shut out (sorry all my Auburn buddies)! Landon never watches the game but was so into this one. He's only 7 so he doesn't remember Alabama ever beating Auburn! We missed out on the game day parties but did get to watch the game on a big screen at Cathy and Earl's.
Haven blessed our hearts today by singing "Jesus Loves Me" in church today. It was so sweet and brought some little tears to her Daddy's eyes. Had I known she would do something like that, I would have taped it and played it. Since I didn't, I will share a little message from her that I did tape last week......

Grace family, do you remember this song? It is her absolute favorite and she says she is singing it in church next week!!

My mom is in Disney World this week with my brother Kerry and his family. I am so jealous!! ......but very happy that she is experiencing the magic of Disney this week! Wish I was there!

Happy late birthday to Morgan Pate, who turned 11 on November 24th!! Morgan is my close friend Appi's oldest son. I tried to find a picture of Morgan because he is just adorable but couldn't find one. Sorry!

Have an awesome week and glorify God in what you say and do!

Lori

2 comments:

Dawn said...

Oh my!!! that is one of the sweetest things I have ever heard. I miss her so much and you guys too!!! Tell Haven I love her and she has a beautiful singing voice. I wish I was there to hear it in person! I hope you guys had a wonderful Thanksgiving. I ate till I felt like I was waddling. lol! I miss you guys and I can't wait to see ya'll in a few weeks! Love you!!!

The Kritners said...

WOW! That is so precious! Tell Haven she did such a great job! They grow too quickly! It won't be long until you get to come see your family and I know it will be great! We love and miss you guys! Hope to see you soon! Love, Becky