Saturday, November 1, 2008

Who do we serve?

Hey everyone thanks for checking in on our happenings here. It really helps to know that we have people back there praying for us and keeping up with us. I really need you to pray for us. I have been thinking for a while now, what am I doing here? I know that the enemy is causing me to doubt a lot lately, planting ideas in my mind like "You have no idea what you are doing" and "You aren't going to be able to make an impact here, these people aren't going to like you." I know it may sound silly but sometimes the thought of moving into a new area trying to make a difference for Jesus seems impossible.

I was reading this morning a passage from Proverbs 22:29 that says, "Do you see any truly competent workers? They will serve kings rather than working for ordinary people." God reminded me that those who really understand, those with spiritual wisdom understand that they are serving the King, not "ordinary" people. That means we need to see each task as something we do to and for God, not people. That gives us relief because when we do what we do for God and His glory, He has promised to bless our efforts with success.






"Those who trust in the Lord will find new strength. They will soar high on wings like eagles..." This really is a picture of an eagle. God has allowed us to see several of them this week, as a reminder that He is in control and will give us strength and bless our efforts with His success. I am glad we get to serve our King even if that means we have to move all the way our here to do it. I love you guys. Keep praying for us. I miss you.

Pastor Mike

5 comments:

Appi said...

Hey girl,
God is so AWESOME! He truly loves you guys so much and has great plans to prosper you for His glory. What amazing gifts He has already given to your family because you chose to obey! Thanks for all the stories, wish I were there with you serving our Savior, but for now I will serve Him where He has planted me. You all are such an inspiration! Love you lots and miss you bunches! Appi

Bonnie said...

Hey Mike,
I'll be thinking about you in the morning as you're bringing your first sermon at your new church. I wish we could hear it. I hope this is an awesome week for you! I love you and miss you all.

Tammy said...

Mikey,
We miss you guys so much already. It seems as if you have been gone a month and it's only been week. There is no possible way that those people are not gonna love you. We love you and we are praying for you. Keep on blogging.

T-Cat said...

I know everything will be wonderful!!! God has placed you there for a reason, HIS REASON! I know that it seems hard to change Churches (I have been there and done that) new staff, new faces, new places... but God will open doors for you that you will not believe and I know that your faith is strong, just as we are having to trust in His plan for our future i know that you are doing the same. I love you guys, Your former employee, T-Cat

ALI said...

WE MISS YOU SO, BUT KNOW GOD HAS PLANS. WE ARE JUST SO THANKFUL AND HONORED TO HAVE HAD YOU AS OUR PASTOR, OUR FRIEND, AND OUR FAMILY.

I KNOW ONE THING IS FOR SURE THERE IS NO WAY, THAT THESE PEOPLE WILL NOT LIKE YOU. YOU ARE ONE OF A KIND, AFTER ALL THE FATHER ALMIGHTY CREATED YOU. SO YOU HAVE TO BE THE BEST AND THE GREATEST. ON TOP OF THAT GOD BROUGHT YOU INTO OUR LIVES BECAUSE HE KNEW IT WOULD TAKE SOMEONE AS SPECIAL AS YOU, TO GET TO AND SOFTEN MY MIKE'S HEART.

YOU ARE NOT HIGH AND MIGHTY, YOU ARE REAL. REAL IS WHAT PEOPLE NEED. IF THAT ISN'T ENOUGH YOU HAVE GOT THE TRUTH DEEP WITH IN YOUR HEART. GOD HAS BLESSED YOU WITH THE ABILITY TO BE ABLE TO PREACH AND TEACH THE TRUTH IN WAYS THAT IS UNDERSTOOD BY THE YOUNG, THE OLD, THE IN BETWEEN, THE SAVED, AND THE LOST. YOUR MISSION IS IMPORTANT AND GOD CHOSE YOU TO BE THERE.

I PRAY YOU FEEL THE PRESENCE OF THE HOLY SPIRIT TAKING OVER YOUR MIND, BODY, HEART, AND SOUL. THAT ARE HEAVENLY FATHER TAKES AWAY ANY ANXIETY YOU MAY FEEL. HAVE NO FEAR FOR THE FATHER GOD ALMIGHTY IS WITH YOU.

LOVING AND PRAISING JESUS,

ALI