Thursday, October 30, 2008

First Word from Mike!

Hey everyone! This is the first time I have been able to get Lori off the computer so I could write some things. Just kidding. I just really haven't been able to sit and do this. I guess this makes it seem more real to sit and write this for you guys. I miss you all already and wonder what in the world I have done. My first sermon is going to be entitled "What in the world is God up to?" I really don't know but I know He has a good plan because that was His promise in Jeremiah 29:11, I just wish I had all the details up front. (Don't we all) Anyway we are settling in and meeting a lot of people in the area. There are many people yet to be reached here and we believe God is going to use us to reach out to them with His love. Pray for us. Pray That His word might sound forth all over this valley and the moutains surrounding us. (That sounds so King James doesn't it) Pray that everyone around here might find Jesus. (That's how we do it at Grace isn't it)

The area we live in is awesome. Those of you who love the outdoors would love this place. Mountains and lakes and deer and elk and bald eagles; we saw a bald eagle catch a fish out of the lake and land on a tree not 25 feet from us and eat it. It was awesome. I had a perfect shot.
They taste like chicken by the way. (Just kidding).

I want to thank everyone for the outpouring of love on our family over the last few weeks. It was really overwhelming and we could never express to you have grateful we are to you for your love and kindness. I thank my God everytime I remember you, which is all the time. You are my family and the best friends I have in the world. I say about you guys what Paul said to Philemon, "Your love has given me much joy and comfort, my brothers, for your kindness has often refreshed the hearts of God's people." You were and are that breath of fresh air to our souls.

I leave you all with one final word from Paul that applies to us as well; it is found in the final few verses of the book of Titus, Please come before winter, because we have decided to stay. I love you all.
Mike

4 comments:

Sandi said...

Hey Mike... We miss ya'll bunches... Don't forget the Cone family wants to come visit during the winter.. So make sure you have us somewhere warm to stay. May not be this winter though...

Bonnie said...

Hey Mike.
Good blogging. :)
Love,
Bonnie

Tammy said...

Sorry to say we won't come before winter. Maybe spring though. Love you and miss you.

The Kritners said...

Hey Mike, Pete said very nice words... NOW COME HOME!!! We sure do miss you all sooooooo much! Hope the orange shirt is still keeping you warm! We love you! Always, The Kritners