Sunday, October 26, 2008

The Grace Finale- Sunday, 10/19/08

Hello Everyone! We are in Vallecito, Colorado, now, settling into a new home and just got our computer hooked up today. I have so much to share with everyone so I am going to have to go back to where I left off last Sunday morning, our last Sunday at Grace.
It was so bittersweet.....bitter because it was our last day worshipping with the greatest church family on earth, and sweet because well, they are just so sweet!! They made us feel so loved and so special, and so equipped to complete the mission before us. We love you all so much and a piece of our hearts will ALWAYS be there with you. Thank you for the gifts, the encouraging words, the hugs, and even the tears that showed us your hearts! Bonnie made the biggest, greatest sign for us with a big Wagon HO! over it and we had a huge cake with our picture on it-
(Don't know why it is distorted)


I want to say a special thank you to the most wonderful, godly deacons you will ever meet: Gery Fuller, Jeff Silvey, Tony Jetton, and Bruce Wright. They have been the reason that Mike is still in the ministry today. They believed in him, trusted him, encouraged him, served with him, and loved him. Words can not express our appreciation for all you have done for us.....keep serving with a cheerful heart and God will continue to bless Grace for your faithfulness! WE LOVE YOU!

Below are pictures of some very special people. I was not able to get pictures of everyone that I wanted to and want to apologize in advance if your picture did not make it on......
This is my Dawnie(Wright), my Tammy (Silvey), and my Tracy(Tankersley)....

This is my Meredith (Wade) and my Jessica(Creel).....

This is my Dylan(Cone) and I am sure going to miss those hugs!! This is Dylan's mom (my) Sandi

This is Lisa #1 (Jetton) and Lisa #2 (Tidwell) with her gorgeous daughters Calli and Lauren..
a
This is our Regina(Whitehead) and Bonnie (Bowman) who have always had a special relationship with the boys.. (Now that takes talent to publish a picture upside down....sorry Bonnie! What am I doing???!!)

There are many, many more people at Grace that I didn't get a picture with that have touched our lives in so many ways. We love you all and thank you for making our last Sunday so special. Thank you Becky Kritner for all your work in decorating and preparing for the day. Thank you Jessica Creel for the wonderful slide show. We will cherish it forever! We love you all and please don't forget us!!
(Remember, leave a comment to let me know who all is checking in. It's nothing to register in. Thanks!)

4 comments:

Bonnie said...

Howdy Lori! You speak cowboy yet?
Love the pics. Not sure how you did that upside down thing. That was cool! Love you all!

Meredith Ann said...

I miss yall so much. As i read your blog tonight on sunday i just sit here and cry. I am praying for you to be blessed and im glad you are doing good. I love you so much. Keep me updated i love this thing. Mere

Sandi said...

Lori.. This is crazy, I find myself checking this blog out to see if you have updated anything else. Ya'll was very much missed this Sunday. It finally hit home when ya'll wasn't there. But I know God has great things to come in your family and our church family. Tell everybody the Cone Family said hey and love you.. And by the way you have to write on this thing daily... I look forward to getting on here and reading about how ya'll are doing? Can't wait to read the next one, hopefully it will be about your first Sunday at the new church. Tell the boys I know they will make lots of friends. Have a great week and open those curtains and let the sun in... :)

Unknown said...

Hi...Glad to know you had a safe drive. Everyone at Parkside has been asking if yall made it okay. We all look forward to hearing about your journey. Tell Mason and Landon they are missed and Hunter is looking forward to a message from Mason. Our prayers are with all of you...