Sunday, October 19, 2008

Special People...


My mother came up this weekend to see us and help me with the yard sale since I was going on a field trip Friday. In Cullman, yard sales are huge and people have them on Thursdays and Fridays. Anyway, because of Mother's broken elbow, she can not drive so my niece Hannah drove her up here and Hallie joined in on the trip. Thank you Hannah for sacrificing your weekend for me and Nuna!

My mother is a pillar of strength. Her and my father divorced when I was young and she rarely ever cried about that in front of me. I know that she hurt for years but in her love for me, she shielded me from seeing her pain to try to create the best life possible for a child in a broken family. I know this move is killing her but she won't dare let me know. I have to ask other people how she is doing because she is not going to let her pain contribute to my pain. I will never live up to being the mother she has been to me. She has sacrified all her life for me and I know without a shadow of a doubt that she loves me unconditionally. Getting ready to leave yesterday she said "now, we are not going to cry.....I am sending you off with my blessings." Now whether she meant that or not, it sure did help me with saying goodbye. Tears came to my eyes when I typed it just now but yesterday, I was that strong women that she fostered me to be when she left and I did not break down. Mom, I love you with all my heart and don't deserve you! I love you more than all the sand on the beach and stars in the sky!!(That saying goes back to my childhood)
Two very precious friends of ours for the past 9 years are Jeff and Tammy Silvey. They also have been a pillar of strength that have held us up in very dark times and kept us laughing in the brightest of times. I can't help but cry as I type this because they mean so much to me. We have went on vacations together, watched our kids grow up, and watched other friends come and go. I will remember the cookouts, days at the pool, trips to Barry's BBQ, long walks for exercise, fundraising for Brazil, and Alabama football games. There were times that we would have easily walked away from Cullman if it hadn't been for Jeff and Tammy. Had they ever turned their back on us, we would have for sure. Thank you for your friendship (which is not stopping here).....God has put us in the same town for a season but in a friendship for a life time! We love you guys!!
Let me throw in how special Chandler Wisener has been to our family. He has brought much joy to our boys over the last 6 years. We are waiting for you to come visit Chandler!!

1 comment:

Tammy said...

Hey guys,
I just wanted to say that leaving ya'll last night was the hardest thing I've ever had to do, bar none. I don't want us to ever lose the friendship that we have. Please, please write often and call as much as you can. We love you.