Friday, October 17, 2008

So long ADPH........

I finished up my job at the AL Dept of Public Health on Tuesday and Wednesday this week. No more SSR's, documentation, complaints about workers, dirty houses, phone conversations with J, etc :)......but.....also, no more hugs/kisses from M(a female client), Bama talk with Ms. D, offices wrapped in tin foil, conversations over cubicles, Scale Back Alabamas, pay checks, and chocolate chip muffins from the bread store :( I have worked with the greatest social workers Cullman has and I thank God for putting my co-workers Edith Parker, Stacy Methvin, Jonathan Smith, and Diane Hadley (She works in Cancer Registry-not SW)in my life. Edith, your love and concern for your clients are an inspiration to me..you are an awesome social worker and thank you for listening to me when I needed your ear. Stacy, there is no greater manager out there.. you were so easy to work with and your memory and ability to handle difficult situations is amazing to me! Jonathan, thanks for being the brunt of so many jokes and pranks and loving us all anyway! Diane, thanks for all the laughter you brought to my life and for your love and concern for my family! Whoever fills my position is truly blessed to have you guys and doesn't even know it yet!! I love you and will miss you!


On Tuesday, they threw me a send off party. It was so nice and thoughtful! I was also blessed with some great gifts! Thanks again to the Cullman Co. Health Dept and the part you played in my life over the past 4 years!










1 comment:

Diane said...

Lori,
With Seth's help I got logged in yea! I hope all is going well with yall today. It was great to hear from you. I know you have had a busy week but just letting you know that we are thinking about all of you and will be praying for you. I'll keep checking the blog to stay up to date.

God Bless You!
Diane